Yale University offers exciting opportunities for achievement and growth in New Haven, Connecticut. Conveniently located between Boston and New York, New Haven is the creative capital of Connecticut with cultural resources that include three major museums, a critically-acclaimed repertory theater, state-of-the-art concert hall, and world-renowned schools of Architecture, Art, Drama, and Music.
General Purpose: The Dean of the Faculty of Arts and Sciences oversees the 53 departments and programs that compose the FAS, including the ladder and non-ladder faculty who teach in those departments and programs and all other academic appointees in those units. The FAS Dean’s Office approves and supports FAS faculty recruitment and hiring, as well as appointment and reappointment policies and procedures for all of its academic ranks. In addition, the Dean oversees the activities and decisions that shape the quality of the faculty and the stature of the FAS departments, including faculty promotions, retentions and compensation.
The analyst will be responsible for data analysis related to all of the missions of the FAS Dean’s Office. The analyst will serve as a member of the FAS Dean’s Leadership Team, reporting to the Chief of Staff, with a joint report to the Assistant Vice President for Institutional Research (“OIR”). Working collaboratively with analysts in OIR, the analyst will maintain and further develop the quality and accessibility of institutional data related to the FAS. This position will collect, refine, and manage data from internal and external information systems, surveys, and data stewards. The analyst will bring high levels of precision and rigor to data maintenance and analysis. The analyst will determine what data is relevant to a particular set of issues and either arrange for the collection of additional data or obtain data from existing University resources, including various electronic databases. The analyst will determine what statistical technique is most appropriate to a question, carry out analysis, and prepare and present both written and oral reports.
The analyst will work with administrators and faculty committees, exhibiting a high degree of discretion and professionalism. As a leader supporting real-time decision-making, the analyst will need to be comfortable independently prioritizing multiple requests across a diverse set of constituents, and balancing the timeliness and precision of analysis.
Required Education and Experience: Master's Degree in a related discipline and four years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven experience with large, complex data sets and managing data quality – both for statistical analysis and ongoing data management. Ability to design analysis on the basis of a broad question. Interest in determining the best data source(s) to answer a question, fostering the development of new data resources when necessary.
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines. Ability to prioritize and follow through on projects. Ability to work independently on several projects of varying scope at the same time.
- Ability to react to changing situations and adapt to changes in work demands, priorities, and procedures exercising good judgment, seeking alternatives and creative solutions.
- Well-developed collaborative interpersonal communication skills with ability to communicate to non-technical audiences. Ability to work both independently & collaboratively, interacting with a diverse array of faculty, students & staff. Exercises sound judgment, tact, and discretion.
- Statistical analysis skills including multiple regression. Experience with one or more of the following statistical software packages: SAS (preferred), SPSS, STATA, or R. Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
- Preferred Education, Experience and Skills: Experience working with institutional data regarding faculty or similar populations. Experience executing queries against relational databases. Experience with Workday, Hyperion (Brioquery) or Tableau. Experience or training in survey design.
Application: For more information and immediate consideration, please apply online at http://bit.ly/2ndVDCj. Please be sure to reference this website when applying for this position.
We invite you to discover the excitement, diversity, rewards and excellence of a career at Yale University. One of the country's great workplaces, Yale University offers exciting opportunities for meaningful accomplishment and true growth. Our benefits package is among the best anywhere, with a wide variety of insurance choices, liberal paid time off, fantastic family and educational benefits, a variety of retirement benefits, extensive recreational facilities, and much more.
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression.