Instrument & Electrical Planner-1700939
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking an Instrument Technician to work in our Geismar, LA site and be responsible for performing daily task as part of a team to ensure safe, productive, and cost efficient maintenance of instrumentation and control systems.
Instrument & Electrical Planner (1700939) Geismar, LA
This position is responsible managing unplanned work and developing job plans in order to drive work execution efficiency and asset availability. This includes generating work steps with labor, material, equipment and services, estimating labor and material costs; creating job packets for field execution and continually improving job plans via updates based upon feedback from the Execution Teams. The scope is instrument and electrical work under 600 volts.
Formula for Success: You Will
- Review the backlog and planning list.
- Clarify incomplete or unclear work notifications.
- Group work orders and/or notifications together that can be planned and completed as a single order.
- Determine the appropriate degree of planning.
- Utilize the proper SAP status codes including work order start and finish dates to allow proper scheduling of the work order.
- Provide Tier One troubleshooting to develop job plans.
- Create job plans for the effective execution of work by providing job scopes, job step sequence, labor and material requirements, skill requirements, specifying the necessary tools and equipment or services and orders material.
- Create purchase requisitions and reservations for necessary materials, equipment or services and order material.
- Forward completed "ready-to-schedule" job packages to the Scheduler.
- Continually improve the job plans by collaborating with Maintenance Supervisors and Engineers to 1) Maintain a spare parts inventory, 2) Build & Maintain Bill of Materials for area equipment, 3) Continually update task lists to ensure: necessary changes or improvements are incorporated, and efficiencies are captured per job feedback, 4) Obtaining and analyzing feedback from the work crew through the job feedback process and 5) Updating the task list and job plan libraries.
- Review work scopes for changes which would result in triggering a Management of Change (MoC).
- Create Job Packets as needed by providing spec sheets, vendor manuals, P&IDs, pictures, isolation plans, job plan/feedback form, etc.
- assist in emergency or critical priority jobs by expediting materials and coordinating other crafts/resources and fulfilling any other activities (non-standard) assigned by the supervisor.
- Create job plans for the effective execution of turnaround projects: job scopes, job step sequence, labor and material requirements, skill requirements, specifying the necessary tools and equipment, external resources, and determining work order costs.
- Participate and coordinate with turnaround group on scheduled jobs and external resource needs.
- Coordinate purchase requisitions / purchase orders and expedite orders to assure scheduled delivery for turnaround.
- Fill in for Maintenance Supervisor as necessary.
- Must differentiate, plan, and assign the work between the I&E technicians and the controls systems technician groups.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
- 2 years associate degree in instrumentation or certification, and a minimum of 7+ years of experience in a chemical/petrochemical or other similar manufacturing environment and a minimum of 5+ years of experience in instrumentation and control support.
- Experience and knowledge with various types of instrument and electrical systems, equipment, and craft processes, along with an understanding of E&I scheduling and procurement/expedition of materials and resources.
- Deal effectively with the unknown and unexpected and possess the ability to handle non-routine and emergency activities, such as schedule breakers, plant shutdowns, start-up, etc.
- Excellent organizational and work management skills.
- Keen attention to detail and a high degree of quality orientation.
- Strong communication skills, both orally and written.
- High level of competency in Excel, Primavera or Microsoft Access to optimize and organize work.
- Experience with SAP is a plus.
- Must demonstrate the following competencies: Analytical Thinking, Quality Orientation & Attention to Detail, Business & Financial Acumen, Teamworking, Work Management, Communication & Interpersonal Skills, Entrepreneurial Actions, Customer Focus, Strategic Thinking, and Striving for Achievement
- Analytical Thinking
- Quality Orientation & Attention to Detail
- Business and Financial Acumen
- Work Management
- Communication & Interpersonal Skills
- Entrepreneurial Actions
- Customer Focus
- Strategic Thinking
- Striving for Achievement
This position requires all candidates to either currently possess or obtain and maintain a TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Credential) Card from the U. S. Department of Homeland Security.
**BASF recognizes Institutions of Higher Education that are accredited by the council for Higher Education Accrediation or equivalent.
This is a non-exempt position. Relocation expenses will not be reimbursed.
Primary Location: US-LA-Geismar
Function: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: N-FTN-Engineering/Maintenance North America