| The Lown Scholars Program, based in the Department of Global Health and Population at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health, creates an international community of talented health professionals in low and middle income countries (LMICs) who will use public health tools and strategies to prevent non-communicable diseases, particularly diseases of the cardiovascular system, and promote lifelong health. The program provides funding for training and mentoring and since its establishment in 2008, has supported the work of more than two dozen scholars from Asia, Latin America, Africa and the Middle East. |
The Program Coordinator will report to the Faculty Director and perform a wide range of complex and confidential administrative and clerical duties to support the administration ofThe Lown Scholars Program including the following:
- Serve as principle administrative contact and liaison for Program faculty, scholars and collaborators
- Develops and implements administrative systems, project planning, overseeing deadlines, tracking deliverables and overall coorrdination
- Organizes domestic and international travel and accomdations for scholars
- In collaboration with the department's core adminstrative team, helps coordinate Lown Scholar's academic appointments, onboarding and visas
- Attend Program meetings and take thorough meeting notes for distribution
- Provides smooth day-to-day communicates with with the Lown program faculty and scholars, HSPH staff and external program constituencies
- Working in close collaboration with the project's grant manager and finance team, monitor budgets, maitain financial documentation and prepare paperwork including reimbursements
- Act as a liaison with related programs and agencies, keeping his/her supervisor informed of relevant information
- Gather and maintain data, and prepares correspondence, reports and other materials
- Coordinate events, meetings or other symposia
- Prepare and maintain The Lown Program's financial, personnel and administrative records.
- Gather and maintain data and assists in preparing reports
- Develop communication strategies, launch, revise and maintain The Lown Program website (Wordpress), manage social media platforms and other Program communications
The Program Coordinator will work independently with minimal supervision in a work environment with multiple and conflicting priorities, anticipate and resolve problems and update the Faculty Director on a regular basis. The ideal candidate will be resourceful witht the capacity to productively interact with faculty and researchers from The Chan School, other institutions, and developed and devleoping countries.
Please Note: This position is part time -- 17.5 hours per week, with the need for full time support from May to August (supporting the summer program for scholars).
Please Note: This position has a term appointment of June 30, 2018.
Harvard offers an outstanding benefits package including:
Time Off: 3- 4 weeks paid vacation, paid holiday break, 12 paid sick days, 11.5 paid holidays, and 3 paid personal days per year.
Medical/Dental/Vision: We offer a variety of excellent medical plans, dental & vision plans, all coverage begins as of your start date.
Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with full vesting after 3 years of service.
Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive tuition assistance program, $40 per class at the Harvard Extension School and discounted options through participating Harvard grad schools.
Transportation: Harvard offers a 50% discounted MBTA pass as well as additional options to assist employees in their daily commute.
Wellness options: Harvard offers programs and classes at little or no cost, including stress management, massages, nutrition, meditation and complimentary health services.
Harvard access to athletic facilities, libraries, campus events and many discounts throughout metro Boston.
Join Harvard Chan School to support our mission of health research & education and be a part of the oldest institution of higher learning in the country!
Salary Grade: 054
Union: 55 - Hvd Union Cler & Tech Workers