| Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health's Senior Audio-Visual Engineer is the technical lead for media services at SPH, and reports directly to the Manager of Media Services and Video Production in the Department of Information Technology. The incumbent will be responsible for the design, implementation, service, and maintenance of audio-visual equipment in classrooms, conference rooms, and auditoria across the SPH campus.|
The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Leading upgrades and installations of audio-visual systems across campus.
- Working with IT, Operations and other client groups on planning and requirement writing for AV installations and upgrades.
- Creating annual and multi-year plans for upgrades of existing audio-visual resources. (SPH is currently planning for a major multi-year upgrade of its main audio-visual control room that ties together many locations around the school.)
- Researching, recommending, and implementing new and emerging audio and video technologies.
- Implementing preventive maintenance plans and resource monitoring.
- Researching and implementing new technology for implementation in venues on SPH campus. This includes video conferencing, desktop video conferencing, web conferencing, streaming and mobile video delivery, high quality video over IP, HD video production, digital signage solutions, classroom collaboration systems, podcasts, electronic whiteboards, tablets, and other advances in AV/digital delivery for educational use.
- Working closely with User Services manager on coordinating staffing for events, classes, and meetings requiring AV assistance.
- Ensuring smooth operation of all aspects of high-profile events including SPH Commencement, State of the School, New Year's Address, Dean's Distinguished Lecture Series, and other events.
- Working closely with SPH Leadership Studio Technical Manager on staffing and supporting productions for the "Forum at Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health" and other events in the Leadership Studio. Works on production staff for high profile Studio events.
- Participating in setup, testing, and production of large format "Forum at Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health" events in other venues.
- Training User Services staff members and others in IT on existing and new technology.
- Leading efforts to document SPH procedures and troubleshooting protocols in IT knowledge base and wiki.
- Works closely with other user support staff, web services, and instructional computing on collaborative projects.
- Represents SPH at Harvard University-wide AV-related committees and participates in various University-wide pilot projects.
Please Note: This position requires occasional flexible evening and weekend hours to perform major upgrades, to complete installations, and staff events.
Harvard offers an outstanding benefits package including:
Time Off: 3- 4 weeks paid vacation, paid holiday break, 12 paid sick days, 11.5 paid holidays, and 3 paid personal days per year.
Medical/Dental/Vision: We offer a variety of excellent medical plans, dental & vision plans, all coverage begins as of your start date.
Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with full vesting after 3 years of service.
Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive tuition assistance program, $40 per class at the Harvard Extension School and discounted options through participating Harvard grad schools.
Transportation: Harvard offers a 50% discounted MBTA pass as well as additional options to assist employees in their daily commute.
Wellness options: Harvard offers programs and classes at little or no cost, including stress management, massages, nutrition, meditation and complimentary health services.
Harvard access to athletic facilities, libraries, campus events and many discounts throughout metro Boston.
Join Harvard Chan School to support our mission of health research & education and be a part of the oldest institution of higher learning in the country!
Salary Grade: 056
Union: 55 - Hvd Union Cler & Tech Workers