| Posting Summary: The University of Virginia Department of Emergency Medicine is seeking a Clinical Research Coordinator (Non-Licensed) (CRC). This position assists in the clinical coordination and management of multiple advanced clinical trials. The CRC works collaboratively with the senior clinical research coordinator, faculty, residents, and other practitioners to identify and recruit trial candidates and provide follow-up for enrolled subjects. |
The CRC also explores clinical trial opportunities, assists in the development of study budgets, and prepares IRB submissions in collaboration with the Advanced Clinical Research Coordinator. Incumbent collaborates with the clinical and research teams to maximize enrollment, compliance, and safety at all clinical trial stages, from feasibility through closeout. The CRC works with the investigator, the human subject, the Institutional Review Board (IRB), the University, regulatory agencies responsible for the oversight of the research, and the sponsor.
Qualified candidates must be able to collect and analyze biomarkers, to include blood and other body fluids, as well as clinical research data; prepare accurate and detailed documentation; and ensure compliance with protocol guidelines and requirements of regulatory agencies. Qualified candidates must be knowledgeable of federal, state and local regulations as they apply to the conduct of clinical trials and must be able to demonstrate an operational understanding of these regulations.
This position works a non-traditional work schedule, i.e. 2:30 pm - 11:00 pm, 5-days a week. Incumbent will be required to work rotating weekends and on-call shifts, alternating with other CRCs within the department, as needed for study requirements.
Qualified applicants must have a Bachelor's degree and at least 1 year of paid clinical research experience. Effective use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) is required. Previous experience with EPIC and the EMR is preferred. Multilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
This position is restricted and contingent on continued funding
Required Minimum Level of Education: *Degree Required
Required Specific Degree/Training: Bachelor's Degree
Preferred Minimum Level of Education: *Degree Preferred
Preferred Specific Degree/Training: Preference for Bachelor's degree in a science or clinical field.
Required Minimum Level of Experience: Some - up to 4 years
Required Specific Experience: A minimum of one year of applicable experience.
Preferred Minimum Level of Experience: Some - up to 4 years
Preferred Specific Experience: Some experience working in a clinical environment, such as scribing in ED, medical office, hospital unit coordination, coding, or nursing is preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: 1. Excellent written and oral communication skills for maintaining working relationships with patients, family members, physicians, ancillary personnel, and research committees.
2. Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and early shift schedules, and knowledge/skill/ability to collect, process, and analyze biomarkers to meet program requirements.
3. Thorough understanding and strong comprehension of clinical activities including the vigilance to collect and document complete study data while assuring compliance with protocol and approved IRB process/procedures.
4. Good customer service and interpersonal skills to establish a rapport with study subjects and clinical staff of various levels.
5. Ability to work accurately with attention to detail.
6. Ability to analyze and organize work procedures.
7. Ability to relate to people in a wide variety of professional levels.
8. Ability to learn new information under supervision of others.
9. Ability to work with diverse community of people.
10. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of Federal and State regulations on clinical trials preferred.
Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
Ability to effectively communicate in Spanish is preferred.
Required Computer Applications: Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access and Outlook)
Preferred Computer Applications: EPIC / EMR experience and knowledge.