To be considered for this position, candidates must include a cover letter specifying their interest in and qualifications for this position. The cover letter should be the first page of your resume and uploaded as one document.
The Office of the Registrar is seeking an energetic and technologically savvy Business Systems Analyst to join our team and help support student record data reporting and analytics on campus. This position will assist with official institutional, state, and federal reporting, the ad hoc reporting needs of the campus community, as well as NCAA student athlete academic certification and reporting. The best candidate is exceptionally concerned with accuracy, data integrity, responsiveness to University needs, and has the ability to work with and communicate effectively with technical and non-technical colleagues and customers.
Develop a comprehensive understanding of MPathways/Oracle/Peoplesoft student record production systems and related business processes, enterprise-wide data warehouses, and campus wide student reporting needs. Prepares official University term enrollment, graduation rate, and degree reports. Develop data visualizations of institutional data using Tableau. Assists with student athlete academic certification and reporting. Coordinate student administrative targeted email with customers and ITS. Assist ITS with defining requirements, testing, communication, and training for system enhancements.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 2-3 years of experience of related experience, specifically report/query writing, business and systems analysis.
- Working understanding of relational database technologies, query tools, and data analysis skills. Excellent analytical and problem solving skills to handle moderate/complex data manipulation.
- High level of proficiency with MS Access and Excel.
- Strong ability to work independently and collaboratively with team.
- Positive customer service-oriented attitude and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of the academic operations at the University of Michigan - Ann Arbor.
- Experience with Oracle/Peoplesoft Student systems. Working experience with a combination of PeopleSoft Query, Business Objects and Tableau.
- Experience and ability to use SQL Developer.
- Knowledge of FERPA and other state and federal laws related to higher education.
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.