Central Washington University
Central Washington University is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity/Title IX employer committed to providing employment opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or protected veteran status.
Full/Part Time Full-Time
| || |
| || Job Summary |
| || |
Working under general direction, this position oversees and administers the accounting system for the Conference Program which includes: maintenance and review of all customer billings and accounts receivable, journal voucher entry/electronic feed, review and analysis of budget versus actual expenditures, preparation of financial reports, account reconciliation, revenue analysis and forecast, travel requests and reimbursement, purchasing, and records management. Additionally, this position works with Enterprise Accounting Auxiliary Financial Manager to prepare budget projections for both expenditures and revenue forecasting and assists with the preparation of the annual Conference Program Budget.
| || Job Duties |
| || |
Budget and Forecasting
- Assist Enterprise Accounting Auxiliary Financial Manager with forecasting revenue over an annual and multi-year period based on confirmed and tentative Conference Program scheduled events over a two year period. Schedule is updated and forwarded to Enterprise Accounting Auxiliary Financial Manager as requested.
- Assist the Enterprise Accounting Auxiliary Financial Manager with budgeting and monitoring specific Conference Program Projects geared toward Conference Program improvements.
Prepare projections of Conference Program revenue and expense from a particular point in the fiscal year through the remainder of the fiscal year.
- Compile and verify charges from various sources (on/off campus)
- Determine and assign appropriate budgets for revenue and expense
- Review conference packages to ensure accuracy in revenue allocation
- Review budget reports to verify appropriate disbursal of revenue
- Investigate and correct errors to customer charges
- Prepare detailed customer invoice after verification of charges
- Respond to client calls pertaining to conference receivables i.e. requests for account adjustments, inquiries regarding charges, interpretation of Conference Program policies and procedures
- Resolve billing disputes; determine and initiate corrections/adjustments
- Calculate accrued revenue at month end to ensure appropriate and timely designation of funds
- Perform billing service for Catering Services
- Authorize and initiate Conference Program JV electronic feed as needed, verify budget disbursal, research discrepancies, determine and report errors
- Create and submit JV spreadsheet for Wildcat Printing on a monthly basis. Research discrepancies, determine & report errors.
- Create and maintain conference control spreadsheet, create and maintain conference revenue spreadsheet
- Run Peoplesoft reports and audit to spreadsheets to verify accuracy
- Reconcile Conference Program revenue and expense activity to monthly report, investigate unidentified entries, contact appropriate department for information, identify errors and request corrective action if necessary
- Weekly up to daily reconciliation of cash/checks/bank cards to daily activity posted in CCS for daily Conference Program account activity, verify payment information i.e. signatures, payee, US or Canadian funds, amount; notify Conference Manager of errors or problems and assist in corrective action if necessary.
- Monitor customer accounts to insure balances are current and payments are applied correctly
- Create and submit authorization form (via email) to on-campus departments to obtain appropriate account/budget and signatory authorization for posting
- Print and mail account statements each month (email to on-campus departments), compile pertinent data regarding outstanding debt, initiate and mail collection notification letters, devise payment plan ( if warranted) with client, initiate collection proceedings when necessary.
- Perform A/R service for Catering Services
- Initiate requisition for requested items; determine and allocate expense to appropriate account/budget; verify product specs, pricing and delivery date; monitor status of purchase order and delivery schedule; review invoices for accuracy, investigate errors and correct or recommend corrective action ; contact Purchasing with questions or concerns.
- Develop, maintain and modify Conference revenue forecast report; submit report as requested to Conference Manager and with Enterprise Accounting Auxiliary Financial Manager based on projected revenue and analysis of past fiscal records.
- Research required items for best price and quality, secure vendor and acceptable return policy, place order using Pro-Card if the item is allowed within the Pro-Card policy - contact Purchasing to verify if needed
- Track package to insure timely delivery; review transactions and assign expense to appropriate account/PID and authorize the charge for payment via paymentnet.comAudit charges to monthly statement to insure accuracy; follow up with vendor for incorrect purchases and charges
- Update/maintain purchasing records to track balance and for future reference and yearly audit.
- Prepare appropriate hiring forms for student, temporary and civil service staff
- Ensure compliance with agency policies regarding civil service leave reporting and student employment regulations
- Establish and maintain manual and electronic files/records.
- Determine records to be archived; organize materials into boxes according to DAN (disposition authorization number) and retention period
- On a yearly basis determine records that have reached the end of retention period; submit destruction request for the appropriate records; contact Records Management office to schedule destruction of records, prepare records to be destroyed.
- Ensure department compliance with PCI (Payment Card Industry) standards. Maintain and update information in PCI Compliance binder as needed. Review registration processes to verify compliance with department security policies. Complete SAQ (Self-assessment questionnaire) on a yearly basis.
- Cross train to assist Conference Program Coordinator with registration process, housing assignments, group check-in and check-out needs and other duties as needed year around.
- Cross train to assist Conference Facilitator with facilities planning for conference and camps, and client planner communication along with data entry as needed year around.
- Cross train to assist Program Manager with Conference booking and letter of agreement process and other duties as needed year around.
- Assigns and checks work and provides training. May provide feedback to supervisor to assist with work assignments and job performance.
- Other duties as assigned
| || Minimum Qualifications |
| || |
- Training and/or experience demonstrating the ability to manage budgets and fiscal operations such as: accounts payable, accounts receivable, auditing, analysis, budgeting, travel and/or purchasing including reconciliations.
- Experience using accounting-related software
- Experience or training that demonstrates the ability to use Microsoft Office Suite, specifically including Excel, Word, and/or similar software applications to produce written correspondence, create and maintain spreadsheets, and receive and respond to e-mail inquiries, tasks, etc.
- Customer service experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience exercising independent judgment regarding fiscal decisions
- Experience performing multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- OR applicable combination of experience and/or training which demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of the position
- Experience using PeopleSoft Software
- One year fiscal experience with state/government entity
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Experience running data queries in FMS or other reporting applications such as PeopleSoft
- Experience with extracting data from an ERP System or other similar systems
- Experience with account or program fund reconciliations
- Experience exercising independent judgment regarding fiscal decisions
- Teamwork: Establishes and maintains effective working relationship with others. Recognizes and supports accomplishments of team members. Promotes cooperation and mutual support to achieve goals.
- Adaptability/Flexibility: Responds quickly and effectively to uncertainty and constant changes. Adapts approach and methods to achieve results; recovers quickly from setbacks and finds alternatives.
- Accountability/Dependability: Consistently arrives at work and on time, follows instructions (verbal and written), responds to management direction, and solicits feedback to improve performance. Accepts responsibility for quality of own work; acknowledges and corrects mistakes, meet standards, and deadlines.
- Judgement: Makes timely, informed decisions. Analyzes options and determines appropriate course of action.
- Commitment to Diversity: Recognizes the value of diversity and helps create environment that supports and embraces diversity.
| || Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule |
| || |
$2994/month with periodic increases up to $3907/month
| Monday - Friday Schedule will vary depending on department needs |
| Work is performed in an office setting with frequent interruptions. It is essential to be able to remain at a desk/computer work station for prolonged periods of time, using repetitive arm, hand and finger movements, perform extensive data entry and other computer-related tasks and create/maintain filing systems for departmental records. Some stooping, kneeling, bending, crouching, lifting, walking, carrying or moving of objects or equipment up to 50 pounds, and other movements may be required. This position works a 12-month flexible 40-hour work week; occasional evening, weekend and holiday hours will be required. Occasional travel may be required. |
CWU offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental insurance, retirement and optional savings plans, life and disability insurance, along with vacation and sick leave plans depending on employment classification. For additional information please visit: http://www.cwu.edu/hr/benefits-0
| || How To Apply |
| || |
To apply for this position, you must complete the on-line application and attach:
- A detailed cover letter clearly demonstrating how your education and experience: (a) meet the required (and, as applicable, preferred) qualifications, and (b) demonstrate the ability to perform the responsibilities as described by the posting;
- Resume including work history, education, training; and
- Contact information for three professional references.
Screening Begins: April 2, 2017
**Priority will be given to applications received by the screening date. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
| || Contact Information |
| || |
Name: Rachel Crimp
Title: Conference Program Manager
Phone: (509) 963-1153
Website: Conference Programs
Please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 509-963-1202 if you require technical assistance with the on-line application process.
| || Conditions of Employment |
| || |
Prior to employment, final candidate(s) will be required to submit to a background check. All information obtained through background investigations will be strictly confidential and revealed only to those required to have access.