Located minutes from Boulder, CO, in the charming community of Louisville, Avista Adventist Hospital is a comprehensive medical center that provides a full-range of medical specialties and exceptional health care to residents of Louisville, Broomfield and the surrounding Boulder area communities. With 114-beds, this full-service facility has been honored for excellence in cardiac, mom/baby and emergency care. It is also home to one of the area’s top joint and spine care centers specializing in hip and knee replacement, as well as spine surgery. Avista is proud to be recognized for its award-winning New Life Center, the area's most innovative birth center and large Neonatal Intensive Care Nursery. In 2013, Avista was named among the Top 100 Hospitals for Patient Experience by Women Certified® (womencertified.com) for quality physician communications, nurse/staff responsiveness, superior cleanliness and referrals by other women. With some of the lowest turnover and highest associate satisfaction scores in the industry, Avista Adventist Hospital has an excellent local reputation for its supportive culture, visionary leadership, strong team and daily living of what it means to truly care for the whole person – body, mind and spirit.
Job Description/Job Posting ID: 93831
Recruiter Contact: KatelinHazelwood@Centura.Org
Clinic/Department: 8631 AAH CLIN INFO MGMT
Hospital: AVISTA ADVENTIST HOSPITAL
Schedule: Part Time - Temporary
The is an entry level position that is responsible for day-to-day activities of assembling/prepping, filing, retrieving records and/or delivering medical records for record reviews and processing failed faxes. Scans paper documents into the electronic medical record and/or other designated systems. Assists with answering phones and responds as appropriate. Meets qualitative and quantitative standards.
High School Diploma or GED
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Prefer someone with healthcare work experience
Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office applications.
POSITION DUTIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, INCLUDE % OF TIME):
QUALITY – 50%
- Accurately assembles and/or preps paper documents and scans paper documents into the electronic medical record and/or designated system in a timely manner so accessible for treatment, payment and healthcare operations.
- Accurately files, retrieves, and/or delivers medical records, processes failed faxes and utilizes reports effectively for follow up.
SERVICE - 10%
- Assists with answering phones and responds appropriately, communicate well verbally and written and stay organized.
COST - 30%
- Meets qualitative and quantitative standards.
- Demonstrates proficiency of the designated computer systems and the electronic medical record.
PEOPLE – 10%
- Actively seeks to promote and helps to maintain a professional, team-oriented, service-conscious environment, which contributes to the goals of the department and reflects the values of the system and maintains the privacy and confidentiality of protected health information.
* This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned.
- Sedentary work -(prolonged periods of sitting and exert up to 10lbs force occasionally)
- Light work - (Exert up to 20lbs force occasionally, and/or up to 10lbs frequently)
Important notification to applicants as of Nov. 20, 2014: Effective Jan. 1, 2015, Centura Health will no longer hire tobacco users in Colorado and Kansas. The change to our policy does not apply to associates hired on or before Dec. 31, 2014. Centura Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.