Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati (WSGR) is the premier legal advisor to technology, life sciences, and other growth enterprises worldwide. We represent companies at every stage of development, from entrepreneurial start-ups to multibillion-dollar global corporations, as well as the venture firms, private equity firms, and investment banks that finance and advise them. The firm’s Knowledge Management (KM) department provides tools and information that enable the firm’s attorneys to deliver greater value to clients by tapping the firm’s essential expertise and experience.
We are looking for a KM Specialist to join our team of knowledge professionals and help us better develop and promote adoption of work processes and knowledge management systems that allow for the effective capture, organization, and sharing of attorney and departmental work product and know-how across the firm.
The KM Specialist will be responsible for KM content currency, placement and quality, for applying consistent editorial standards, and for presenting KM materials and tools to end users via an attractive, organized interface. In addition to writing, editing, and proofreading content contained in documents, internal web pages, custom applications, and emailed communications, this person will also work closely with attorneys to create new content and secure updates to existing materials for our various practice groups. The KM Specialist will also regularly market existing content to the firm’s attorneys and other professionals, and solicit feedback and other input from them.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
KM Training and Marketing
- Provide training (in-person, web and video recorded) to attorneys and staff on how to access knowledge resources and how to use the KM resources available to them.
- Provide targeted training to attorney practice groups that demonstrates how to use KM tools specifically for their area of practice.
- Provide direct support to individual attorneys to help them with locate practice-related internal and external knowledge resources.
- Market and promote the firm's KM resources internally to increase use and adoption.
Organizing and Sharing Knowledge
- Maintain and promote the firm’s model document and precedent collections.
- Work with attorneys from the firm's various practice groups to create and capture practice-related knowledge content and encourage the sharing of information and knowledge generally.
- Coordinate with attorneys to ensure that KM materials are maintained and updated to reflect changes in applicable laws, regulations, and best practices.
- Ensure that KM content is organized and presented on the firm's intranet and other platforms in a consistent editorial and design style that is engaging and user-friendly.
- Work with attorneys, KM leadership and other stakeholders to establish efficient processes to capture matter information at all stages of an engagement.
- Seek out ways to drive practice efficiencies by optimizing existing workflows and tools, as well as with the use of applications and technologies that automate or otherwise increase productivity and quality.