Coker Tire is looking for a driver to provide transfer shuttle service between our Chattanooga, Tennessee and City of Industry, California distribution sites. This individual will also assist with car shows and events in various parts of the country as needed. During slow periods, this individual will assist in various areas of distribution at our local warehouse. Applicants should be available 24/7 throughout the year. Travel would not be expected on company paid holidays.
To learn more about our company, visit us online at cokertire.com
We are looking for someone with overnight, long haul experience who can navigate the various challenges of being on the road for several days without quick-access to on the road support. A focus on safety and communication will be essential.
- Provide shuttle service to/from Chattanooga, TN and City of Industry, CA on a frequent basis
- Provide shuttle service to/from Chattanooga, TN to company events and shows on an occasional basis
- Perform pre-trip inspections of equipment, paperwork and loaded product
- Assist with loading and unloading at distribution sites
- Complete various distribution tasks during slow or no-drive periods
- Assist with maintaining the Coker fleet, including overseeing inspections and repairs according to DOT requirements.
- Base Salary
- Paid Time Off and Holiday Pay
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance Options
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Access to Supplemental Insurance Plans
- 401(k) and Profit Sharing
- Class A CDL
- Minimum of 2 years long-haul experience preferred
- Ability to lift/load 35-50 pounds frequently; up to 75 pounds occasionally
- Physical ability to maneuver over a variety of inclines and surfaces
- Must be willing to submit to a background check
- Must be able to meet DOT requirements and pass a DOT Physical and Drug Screen
- No DUI/DWI in the past 7 years
- 24/7 Availability, including weekends
Coker Tire and its affiliates provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Coker Tire complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Coker Tire expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Coker Tire’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Job Type: Full-time
- Long Haul Experience: 2 years
Required license or certification: