The New York State Veterinary Medical Society (NYSVMS), the leading not-for-profit organization representing the veterinary medicine profession in New York state, seeks a dynamic and innovative Executive Director (ED) to lead our Association. Located in Albany, NY, the NYSVMS is structured to work for its members, and acts as a collective voice for its membership and the profession on a state and national level. The organization provides a number of benefits to its members, including information resources, state and local advocacy, continuing education, and informational resources to veterinarians and their hospital staff. For more information, visit www.nysvms.org
Reporting to the NYSVMS Executive Board, the ED is responsible for providing the strategic leadership for NYSVMS that will establish long-range goals, strategies, plans and policies designed to maximize the effectiveness of NYSVMS, its staff and its members. Keys to the success of this position will be the ability to be a collaborative bridge-builder and develop strong external partnerships, particularly with the ability to engage industry and academia.
The Executive Director is responsible for:
- The overall management and operations of NYSVMS, providing sound programming, fiscal and personnel management, developing effective relationships with stakeholders and proactively representing the association to external audiences;
- Ensuring ongoing programmatic excellence, rigorous benchmarking and evaluations of services, and consistent quality of financial administration, within stated association policies;
- Motivating and leading a high-performance management team;
- Developing and implementing plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes and personnel designed to execute the Strategic Plan;
- Building relationships and maintaining liaisons with allied, constituent and related organizations, including the national affiliation with the American Veterinary Medical Association;
- Working to enhance the prestige and broaden the scope of the veterinary profession, on both the state and national levels.
The ED, in conjunction with the Executive Board, defines and stewards a clear strategic and operational vision that will shape, manage and deliver on the NYSVMS strategic initiatives and assure its relevancy. The qualified candidate will demonstrate a high level of knowledge of, and extensive experience in, managing associations, membership organizations and/or nonprofit organizations. They should be an experienced leader with 10+ years of executive level management experience. This person is expected to be a strong leader with excellent verbal and written communication skills, and adept in diplomatic facilitation of consensus building between multiple perspectives.
The NYSVMS offers a supportive work environment and excellent benefits. Relocation assistance will be considered. Applications should include a letter indicating special qualifications and scope of experience, curriculum vitae, salary requirements, and a list of five references. Applications will be accepted until position is filled. Direct correspondence to email@example.com