Provides leadership in the innovative use of technology to support the overall goals of the Development and Alumni Relations Department.
1. Provides strategic direction for and oversight of all aspects of research, prospect management, gift processing, reporting and analysis.
2. Generates management and fundraising reports for the President, Vice President, Executive Director and Board of Trustees.
3. Proficient with importing, exporting, and administrator functions in Raiser’s Edge, SQL Server, and/or Access. Import Call Reports, Phonathon, Scholarship Fund, Endowed Fund, Graduating Class, Membership, Address Screening data.
4. Partners with Financial Aid, Financial Services, and Information Services. Provides excellent customer service and response to these partners. Supports Information Services practices and policies. Familiar with fundraising accounting.
5. Assists in the identification process of major donors and prospects by determining alumni and non-alumni who are capable of making major gifts to Elmhurst College.
6. Helps manage the prospect management system and meetings.
7. Analyzes and prepare data to assist staff and volunteers in establishing strategy for prospect cultivation and solicitation and for sharing at regularly scheduled staff meetings.
8. Maintains prospect lists and solicitation/cultivation plans for the Development Office and staff.
9. Maintains a system for continuous updating of information from reports by staff and volunteers.
10. Responsive to Alumni Relations, Annual Fund, and Major Gift Officer requests.
11. Provides all employee supervising administration which would include oversight of recruitment, hiring, technical mentoring, professional development, performance evaluations and disciplinary procedures.
12. Manages a team to execute departmental strategies as well as provide support for other units in Development and Alumni Relations.
13. Implements the systems, policies and procedures that ensure the Development and Alumni Relations Department is operating in an efficient manner.
14. Serves as the primary point of contact with all College Areas as it relates to constituent information and gift processing.
15. Ensures that all Development and Alumni Relations staff has adequate development database tool training as well as access to information to successfully implement their job strategies and priorities.
16. Conducts regular audits of current processes and procedures and evaluate effectiveness against overall department goals.
17. Serves as primary contact with multiple software vendors.
Performs other duties as assigned.