Job Title: Associate Veterinarian
Location: Sylvania, OH
Employment Type: Full-time, Private Practice
Salary: $60,000 – $90,000
Overview: SylvaniaVET is seeking an Associate Veterinarian to join our well-established, multi-doctor, small animal practice. The Associate Veterinarian, under the guidance of the Medical/Surgical Director and President, carries out SylvaniaVET’s mission statement: “A commitment to superior care, education and service to our patients, clients and staff. We are the patient’s healthcare advocate.” The Associate Veterinarian educates clients on, advocates for and strives to deliver the highest quality medical, surgical, dental and nutritional diagnostics, treatment, and preventative care to companion animals. Associate Veterinarians work 42 hours per week while also sharing in the on-call emergency responsibilities for the practice. Weekend responsibilities are rotated amongst the team, with additional time off provided during the week for working weekends.
SylvaniaVET is a 16,000 sq. ft., 24/7/365 AAHA certified and AAFP Gold Level Cat Friendly hospital with separate dog and cat facilities, doggie daycare, boarding, grooming, and obedience classes. Our patients are provided with rehabilitation through the use of an underwater treadmill and therapeutic laser. We offer two surgery suites, color flow Doppler ultrasound, flexible endoscope, rigid endoscope, an extensive in-hospital lab with Tosoh machine, two dental tables, digital x-rays, surgical laser and much more state of the art equipment. Come share your talent with an accomplished and collaborative team where sharing of knowledge is a daily occurrence. At SylvaniaVET, our commitment to quality and compassion thorough patient care and customer service remains the same more than 40 years later.
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree or equivalent.
- Licensure in good standing to practice in Ohio.
- Professional comportment and appearance, with excellent interpersonal skills and a positive, friendly attitude.
- Able to make decisions and communicate clearly and effectively with fellow team members.
- Must be confident in medical and surgical abilities and have excellent communication skills.
- Respect for and willingness to work with clients and their pets.
- A passion for emergency and critical care.
- A commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding the veterinary code of ethics.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive salary with a “pay for performance” model; we offer a generous base pay and a percentage of the tiered profit production paid out monthly.
- Two weeks paid time off.
- Reimbursement for DEA and Ohio Veterinary License and for qualified Continuing Education.
- Comprehensive health care, including voluntary insurance plans (i.e., short-term disability, dental, vision) offered at a group rate.
- Access and memberships in the AVMA, OVMA, VIN and AAHA.
- Annual uniform and supply allowance.
- 401(k) pension plan.
Application: If you are interested in joining our team, please submit the following information to Dr. Bob at email@example.com:
- A cover letter specifying your interest;
- A current resume, and;
- Four (4) professional references.
PResumes and cover letters should be e-mailed as attachments in the form of a Word document or a PDF.
The deadline for applications is Friday March 27. Interviews will be conducted in person on Monday April 6. If your skills and experience are a good fit for SylvaniaVET, you will be contacted directly to coordinate interview times.
For more information on SylvaniaVET, visit our web site at www.SylvaniaVET.com