| GENERAL DUTIESI.T. Computer Systems Managers manage and direct an Information Technology area at a College or University level. They set policies and procedures, direct technical staff, and maintain responsibility for administrative as well as technical issues within their assigned area(s) of responsibility. They may manage major and/or large, complex information systems activities and/or manage a unit or group.This job is in CUNY's Classified Managerial Service. The full specification is available on our web site at http://www.cuny.edu/about/administration/offices/ohrm/hros/classification/ccsjobs.htmlCONTRACT TITLEComputer Systems ManagerFLSAExemptCAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION|
* REOPEN--EXTENDEDThe Office of Computing and Information Services (CIS) at the City University of New York (CUNY) support the IT and telecommunications needs of CUNY's 24 colleges. CIS supports enterprise IT and applications; develops new technologies that advance University's core mission; builds, upgrades and maintains the University's network; operates the University's Data Center and help desk; develops disaster recovery and business continuity plans; and leads the CUNYfirst Enterprise Resource Planning Project (ERP), which integrates 25 university systems, covering student administration, financial management, and human resources.Reporting to the PeopleSoft Application Security Manager, the PeopleSoft Security Administrator is responsible for all technical matters related to PeopleSoft security management. Support and oversight includes all CUNYfirst pillars - Portal, Human Capital Management (HCM), Campus Solutions, Financials, Enterprise Planning Module (EPM), Reporting Financials, and Reporting HCM across all CUNY Colleges to support business objectives. The PeopleSoft Application Security Administrator is a key participant in the development and maintenance of PeopleSoft application security, while also operating and maintaining application security in a production environment for those functions moved from development to production.Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Manages and supports the integrity of security in primarily PeopleSoft HCM and Finance Modules.
* Analyze and resolve security access issues in various environments such as Production, Development, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), and Training.
* Support, assist, and partner with CIS CUNYfirst teams including Production Support, Application Development, and Implementation, and Business Process Owners to design and develop new security roles, permission lists, and tree designs within prescribed requirements.
* Provides day-to-day application security support and administrative activities, including managing help desk tickets related to security configuration.
* Provides security issue triage and resolution-escalated cases from campuses.
* Provides guidance and support to Application Security Liaisons (ASLs) at individual CUNY campuses.
* Writes and maintains documentation related to security design, implementation, and practices.
* Create security and audit queries for Central Office and ASLs.
* Represents security group at Business Process Owner (BPO) and Management meetings.
* Respond and act on issues related to compliance, audits, security breaches and policy/procedure violations as requested by Senior Management.
* Perform related duties as assigned.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS1. Six (6) years of progressively responsible full-time paid information systems technology experience, at least 18 months of which shall have been in an administrative or managerial capacity in the areas of computer applications programming, systems programming, information systems development, data telecommunications, data base administration or a closely related area.2. Education at an accredited College or University may be substituted for the general information systems technology experience at the rate of one year of college for 6 months of experience up to a maximum of 4 years of college for 2 years of experience. In addition a Master's degree in computer science or a closely related field from an accredited college or university may be substituted for an additional year of the general information systems technology experience. However, all candidates must possess the 18 months of administrative or managerial experience described above.This title has multiple levels. In addition to the minimum qualifications above, additional qualifications, such as education, experience, or certification relevant to the area of specialization are required.OTHER QUALIFICATIONSPreferred Qualifications include:
* Minimum 5 years' experience related to PeopleSoft security administration.
* Security administration experience in a large scale ERP project, preferably in a higher education environment.
* Knowledgeable in PeopleSoft HCM, Financial, and Campus Solutions Security design in order to provide applicable security support.
* Familiarity with PeopleTools, User Profiles, Roles, and Permission Lists.
* Working knowledge of Identity Management solutions; Oracle Identity Management a plus.
* Knowledge of PeopleSoft security solution design, development, and implementation.
* Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
* Highly self-motivated work ethic with flexibility to adapt rapidly to changing security needs.
* Exercises high level of confidentiality and due diligence over the state of information security administration processes and procedures.
* Excellent communication (written, verbal, and presentation) skills including the ability to communicate ERP security-related concepts to both a highly technical audience and to business- oriented leaders.
* Commitment to the highest level of client satisfaction and responsiveness.COMPENSATIONCommensurate with qualifications and experience.BENEFITSCUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.HOW TO APPLYFor full consideration, submit a cover letter and résumé online via CUNY's web-based job system,addressing how your experience and credentials fulfill the responsibilities and qualifications outlined.The direct link to the job opening from external sources is:https://home.cunyfirst.cuny.edu/psp/cnyepprd/GUEST/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?Page=HRS_CE_JOB_DTL&Action;=A&JobOpeningId;=14780&SiteId;=1&PostingSeq;=1CLOSING DATEOpen until filled with a review of resumes to begin April 14, 2016.JOB SEARCH CATEGORYCUNY Job Posting: Managerial/ProfessionalEQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITYCUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.*Location:
* Central Office*Job Title:
* PeopleSoft Security Administrator - Technical (IT Computer Systems Manager, Level 2) - Provisional*Job ID:
* 14780*Full/Part Time: