| RESPONSIBILITIES: |
This role holder is an individual contributor that provides the relevant support to Programme Director, FCC Delivery (Screening)
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensure that the key changes are communicated and cascaded to Screening Stakeholders, in line with the programmed communication model
- Ensure adherence to the FCRMP policies and Project Management framework (SDLC) to implement Screening Deliveries
- Devise, scope and implement projects and initiatives in a lead capacity
- Establish project plans, track deliverables, ensure documentations, and participate in the project steering committee, and Deliver systems roll-out with ITO partners
- Manage and protect business as usual ("BAU") capability during change programmes, as well as during the execution and delivery of the Remediation initiatives through project phase and into BAU
- Manage the risk and dependencies of project
- Implement change management methodology and capabilities.
- Identify and assess project interdependencies (dependency type, profile, specifications and timelines) to determine the critical path and control standards.
- Measure outcomes on Change initiatives/ program post-implementation to evaluate benefits realisation.
- Identify and resolve project plan execution (budget, work activities, timeline) risks.
- Scope projects and/or produce business case.
- Provide project management support.
- Manage and protect business as usual (BAU) capability during change programmes, as well as during the execution and delivery of the Remediation initiatives through project phase and into BAU.
- Implement change management tools/frameworks (stakeholder analysis, training needs analysis, changes impact assessment).
- Define and/or implement project quality compliance standards (e.g. defining the role of steering committee, implementing a detailed decision making matrix, issue escalation process and ensuring quality audits).
- Implement projects in response to changes to policies/procedures.
- Identify and actively engage with various key stakeholders to ensure the success of the project/program.
- Provide subject matter expert advice, guidance and support to the project managers on managing change
- Senior FCC & FCRMP Management in Region
- Work closely with the Financial Crime Risk Mitigation Programme team to ensure the project impacts and benefits, risks & issues are well understood, managed and communicate
- Support regional regulatory interaction, particularly in relation to remediation requirements within the FCC function or expected by regulators
- Work with Sanctions BAU team and Sanctions Operations team to streamlines the roll outs
- Work with Transaction Banking Stakeholders for project planning, execution and implementation
- Work with the Head of FCC Implementation to identify the risks from change programmes and steps to mitigate them
Qualifications and Skills
- Compliance Policies and Standards - Entry
- Compliance Advisory - Entry
- Compliance Review and FCC Assurance - Core
- Surveillance (including Screening and Monitoring) - Entry
- Investigations - Entry
- Compliance Risk Assessment - Entry
- Manage Change - Advanced
- Manage Projects - Advanced
The incumbent will ideally require a combination of FCC experience, specialized in Corporate and Institutional Banking ("CIB") products (Correspondent Banking, Trade Finance, Securities Services, Corporate Finance, etc...). The goal is to have a diverse team within FCC Delivery-Transaction Screening who have a unique combination of expertise and experience within FCC, Transaction Screening and its related products.
The incumbent will ideally possess the following specific experiences:
- 10+ years of experience in an international banking environment
- 5+ years of knowledge and experience of developing financial crime controls in an international banking environment, preferably combined with direct support of Transaction Banking business areas:
- Demonstrated knowledge of Corporate and Institutional Banking and/or Transaction Screening and / or 5+ years of experience within Transaction Banking / FCC products within a global bank.
- The role holder needs to possess extensive change and programme management experience, ideally gained in a financial crime compliance environment
- Good knowledge on payment gateways ( preferred SCSTAR ), SWIFT messages, clearing systems and payment types
- Additional knowledge on Trade transactions will be an added advantage.
- Good understanding on transaction screening and experience with sanctions screening systems will be preferred
- People and process management skills, ability to foster positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders at appropriate level ensuring open collaborative environment.
- Ability to deliver outcomes efficiently despite complexity and ambiguity
- Demonstrated relationship building skills - both internal and external across multiple jurisdictions
- High level of integrity and professionalism
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High attention to detail
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 31/03/2017. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.