| New York Life Insurance Company ("New York Life" or "the company") is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterrey New York Life in Mexico. |
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2015 operating earnings of $1.875 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2015, with affiliates, totaled $528 billion. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody's Aaa; Standard & Poor's AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/11/15).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity-the values upon which New York Life was founded-have guided the company's decisions and actions for over 170 years.
The Inforce Variable Products Manager is responsible for assisting the designated Officer in overseeing, managing and supporting the daily activities of the Variable Products Inforce Service Team. This includes transaction processing and customer support of all Variable Annuities and Variable Universal Life contracts. The Manager must continually monitor and adjust work flow to ensure that all daily processing or other required work is completed efficiently and perform quality checks to ensure accuracy from both departmental and regulatory standpoint. The Manager is also accountable for providing back up support to the call center team by working with call center management to deploy staff when needed. The Manager is also responsible for performance evaluations, performance counseling and training of their individual staff members as well as assisting them in their growth and career development.
Primary Responsibilities :
- In consultation with the designated Officer, develop, implement and monitor work schedules to provide proper staffing of team to guarantee that work is completed accurately and within time standards.
- Delegate work/projects to team members.
- Provide daily consultations with staff on their assigned work and any complex cases.
- Perform daily quality review checks on work completed by staff members.
- Review management control reports and other work flow tracking tools to ensure that errors/issues are corrected in a timely manner and work is distributed evenly and that each individual staff member is held accountable for his/her work.
- Provide employee guidance and actively participate in the development and mentoring of employees.
- Actively participate in regular performance reviews and advise employees regarding professional training and career growth.
- Monitor, track, assess and report on daily processing goals, performance guidelines and quality standards up to management.
- Initiate/recommend procedures to address issues where improvements are needed to assure product is administered correctly while implementing timesaving procedures and maintaining low error rates.
- Work in conjunction with other managers to report production problems, request system corrections, help with system testing and product enhancements, and assure that procedure manuals are updated.
- Participate on core teams for new products, procedures and systems and share this information with staff members for ongoing training.
- Handle special projects such as OGC/CCD requests, new product core teams participation and additional responsibilities as necessary or assigned by Officers in developing long range unit goals..
Desired Skills & Experience :
- Bachelor's Degree - Finance or Business discipline preferred or equivalent work experience
- 3 to 5 years of experience managing call center quality monitoring and surveying tools preferred
- 3 to 5 years of experience managing real-time monitoring of call center agents to monitor productivity, metrics, employee demeanor, technical accuracy, and conformity to company policies
- FINRA Series 6, or 7 is required
- Industry recognized courses and designations (ie. like LOMA but not limited to).Certifications (ie. Call Center Associate Certification)and other relative activities highly preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills along with listening skills
- Positive, customer focused attitude with a desire to exceed customer expectations, as well as develop team members
- Strong technical and analytical skills required (Proficient PC skills including Word, Excel, Lotus Notes with the ability to navigate multiple applications)
- Development of departmental objectives for the team to ensure task completion; coordinates work activities with other supervisors.
This is a full-time position Monday through Friday. Candidates should be flexible to work any shift between 7:30 am - 7:00 pm during the work week
Competitive base salary, plus bonus eligibility
Paid Vacation, Health Care, 401K match, Pension Plan, Tuition Assistance, Flexible Spending Accounts
New York Life offers a variety of corporate opportunities within the Service Organization, including management, quality control, training, underwriting and claims.
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
* Based on revenue as reported by "Fortune 500, Ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual)," Fortune Magazine, June 15, 2015. See http://fortune.com/fortune500/2015/ for methodology.
1. Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company's profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US(GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach ( non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
2. Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.