The Program Director is the primary person responsible for administration of the HOST and IHOT programs. The role includes ensuring the programs meets contract requirements as well as Bonita House, Alameda County Behavioral HealthCare Services, and Medi-Cal standards; providing supervision and training for staff; coordinating and executing in-house, county, and state audits; providing direct clinical services such as intake, assessment, diagnosis, and discharge planning; representing the program in the community and at Bonita House and county meetings; and providing leadership for the team of 18+ staff, including creating a culture which supports creativity, competence, and compassion.
Approximately 25% of the workday is spent in the field at various community locations, including at meetings, client homes, homeless encampments, community agencies, vehicles, etc. The PD will at times need to work in a moderately unsanitary environment, using precautionary measures as advised (gloves, face mask, etc.).
Approximately 75% of the workday in spent a temperature-controlled office environment performing a variety of functions. At least 1-2 hours spent typing each day.
Approximately 1 month of every 3, the PD will be the back-up on call during hours when the office is closed (nights and weekends) and will need to carry their agency phone at all times to be able to respond to consultation calls from on-call staff.
- Must possess a current and valid California license as a LCSW AND must be able to provide supervision for registered interns.
- Strong clinical skills and experience providing integrated treatment to persons with histories of homelessness, severe persistent mental illnesses and co-occurring serious substance use disorders. Strong preference given to candidates possessing experience with IDDT, ACT, Housing First, and/or IPS.
- Supervisory and program management experience is required, with strong preference for candidates who have successful experience responding to audits and RFPs.
- Must possess a valid California driver’s license, a driving record acceptable by Bonita House’s insurance company, and personal vehicle they are comfortable using for work and which is properly insured, titled, and registered.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, including written, verbal, and non-verbal communication.
- Must have basic ability to navigate computer programs, Microsoft Office Suite, smart phones, and other technology as needed. The PD must be willing and eager to learn how to use unfamiliar technology and programs in order to increase communication and efficiency on the team.
- Must be able to meet the Immigration Reform Act of 1986 requirements.