| New York Life Insurance Company ("New York Life" or "the company") is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterrey New York Life in Mexico. |
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2016 operating earnings of $1.954 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2016, with affiliates, totaled $538 billion. As of year-end 2016, New York Life's surplus was $23.336 billion**. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody's Aaa; Standard & Poor's AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/17/16).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity-the values upon which New York Life was founded-have guided the company's decisions and actions for over 170 years.
The Inforce Service & Operations (IS&O) department provides Inforce customer service to over 12,000 agents and 3.5 million clients for life insurance, annuities and NYLIFE Securities sold through our agent distribution channel. Our organization is responsible for over 30 million touch points with customers each year through our different service channels, including over the phone, via our correspondence, online, through the Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system, and more.
We are seeking a dynamic and forward thinking leader to manage an Inbound Call Center at our Cleveland Service Center. Key responsibilities are to develop, direct and lead a call center team to achieve the service center's business objectives.
Primary Responsibilities :
- Oversee the management, coaching, and development of a team of Customer Service Representatives
- Manage staffing, work schedules and monitoring of multiple call queues to ensure that department standards and company guidelines are met
- Conduct and perform quality monitoring, calibration sessions and coaching feedback to each individual team member
- Review procedures and implement changes to procedures as specified by the Corporate Vice President , regulatory or audit authorities
- Demonstrate advance knowledge of NYL products, processes and guidelines to ensure compliance and strong customer satisfaction results
- Respond to customer inquiries or complaints. Manage call escalations from agents related to service requests
- Analyze call volume data and forecasting to appropriately staff team to meet service level goals
- Handle projects assigned by Corporate Vice President and assume back up duties of the Corporate Vice President as needed
- Consistently demonstrate a positive and strong leadership role by creating a positive work environment, recognition program, and engaging & empowering team members consistently, fairly and with integrity
- Development of departmental objectives for the Call Center to ensure task completion and coordination of staff resources with other managers where needed
Desired Skills & Experience :
- Bachelor's Degree - Finance or Business discipline preferred or equivalent work experience
- 3 to 5 years of experience managing call center , quality monitoring and surveying tools preferred
- 3 to 5 years of experience managing real-time monitoring of call center agents to monitor productivity, metrics, employee demeanor, technical accuracy, and conformity to company policies
- FINRA series 6, 7 or 99 is required
- Industry recognized course and designations (i.e. LOMA, but not limited to), certifications (i.e. Call Center Associate Certification) and other relative activities highly preferred
- Strong technical and analytical skills required (Proficient PC skills including Word, Excel, Lotus Notes with the ability to navigate multiple applications)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills: able to communicate objectives, delegate and motivate effectively, promote teamwork and efficient work flow, maintain morale and use good judgment and tact in resolving controversy and problem issues
- Thorough knowledge of administrative systems (including but not limited to AWF, Cyberlife, Rpay, RUMBA,WFM and Client)
- Positive, customer focused attitude with a desire to exceed customer expectations as well as develop team members
- Comprehensive knowledge of all Annuity Products
Training & Development:
The Call Center Manager will undergo a comprehensive on the job training environment to learn about the insurance industry, product and policy provisions and transaction processing. Coaching and feedback is provided to help you gain the necessary skills to be successful.
This is a full-time position Monday through Friday
Competitive full-time base salary, plus target bonus eligibility
Paid Vacation, Health Care, 401K match, Pension Plan, Tuition Assistance, Flexible Spending Accounts
New York Life offers a variety of corporate opportunities within the Service Organization, including management, quality control, training, underwriting and claims.
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
* Based on revenue as reported by "Fortune 500, ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual)," Fortune Magazine, June 17, 2016. See http://fortune.com/fortune500/ for methodology.
** Total surplus, which includes the Asset Valuation Reserve, is one of the key indicators of the company's long-term financial strength and stability and is presented on a consolidated basis of the company.
1. Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company's profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US (GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach (non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
2. Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.