| The China Health Partnership is a School-wide, regional initiative based in the Department of Global Health and Population at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health. The Partnership is a collaboration between the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health and Chinese government and universities, with the the shared vision to improve the health and well-being of the Chinese population. The core pillar of the Partnership is a program of rigorous and policy-relevant research, supplemented by executive education and public forums for policy and academic exchange.|
The Assistant Director (AD) of the China Health Partnership (CHP) will oversee the strategic and administrative management of CHP in close collaboration with the Faculty Director, to whom this position reports. The AD will serve as a thought partner with the Faculty Director, driving exploration, critical thinking, solution generation and implementation of strategies to ensure the status of CHP as a highly relevant and visible academic contributor. S/he will work closely with the faculty director to ensure the Partnership is run effectively and smoothly. A key component of this role will be effective leadership, communication, coordination and relationship management with internal partners and external constituencies including academic and government partners in China.
The Assistant Director's duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Strategic and administrative leadership of CHP, in close collaboration with the Faculty Director, to ensure quality program delivery, compliance and strong sense of accountability. This includes, but is not limited to, negotiating with local partners (government and research institutions) in China, developing work plans, assessing deliverables, and managing executive training courses and forums for policy and academic exchange.
- Assisting with program development, capacity-building, and engaging programmatically on projects where skills and background are a fit.
- Writing policy briefs that respond/address timely policy issues and debates in China, and producing regular CHP communication for wide circulation through standard channels and social media.
- Contributing to the growth and expansion of the CHP by proactively seeking out and developing partnership opportunities with governments and research institutions in China who share similar vision to the Partnership.
- Fundraising and proposal development.
- Other duties as assigned.
PLEASE NOTE: This position is based in Boston with frequent travel to China (approximately 1/3 of the time).
PLEASE NOTE: This position has a term end date of 2 years from date of hire, with the possibility for extension.
Harvard offers an outstanding benefits package including:
Time Off: 3- 4 weeks paid vacation, paid holiday break, 12 paid sick days, 11.5 paid holidays, and 3 paid personal days per year.
Medical/Dental/Vision: We offer a variety of excellent medical plans, dental & vision plans, all coverage begins as of your start date.
Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with full vesting after 3 years of service.
Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive tuition assistance program, $40 per class at the Harvard Extension School and discounted options through participating Harvard grad schools.
Transportation: Harvard offers a 50% discounted MBTA pass as well as additional options to assist employees in their daily commute.
Wellness options: Harvard offers programs and classes at little or no cost, including stress management, massages, nutrition, meditation and complimentary health services.
Harvard access to athletic facilities, libraries, campus events and many discounts throughout metro Boston.
Join Harvard Chan School to support our mission of health research & education and be a part of the oldest institution of higher learning in the country!
Salary Grade: 057
Union: 00 - Non Union, Exempt or Temporary