The Information Research Specialist is a valued member of Baker Research Services (BRS), a team of librarians, MBAs, statisticians, and economists with deep expertise working with licensed and publicly available data sources. BRS provides support to Harvard Business School faculty and doctoral students across the research spectrum—from advising on best resources for a project, to managing research projects from beginning to end, to finding innovative ways to communicate research findings, and more.
Learn more about our services at:
- Reports to the Senior Manager, Baker Research Services.
- Works closely with HBS faculty, doctoral students, and research associates.
- Contributes to the goals and priorities of Baker Research Services and Knowledge and Library Services.
- Works closely with subject matter, content, and technical experts across Knowledge and Library Services, HBS and the Harvard University community.
The Information Research Specialist in Baker Research Services:
- Supports the creation of original intellectual property by Harvard Business School (HBS) faculty and doctoral students in form of scholarly articles and books, cases, conference presentations, course materials, and testimony.
- Consults with researchers to determine their needs; participates in the design of research projects to satisfy those needs; and acts with independence and initiative to implement project designs efficiently.
- Accesses and extracts information from data in a variety of formats and from a variety of sources (e.g., web, primary materials, and secondary materials) for literature searches, research data projects, case updates, etc.
- Explains data to untrained users; prepares informative and illustrative exhibits and explanations; plans, conducts, and presents results of analytical procedures, possibly including statistical analysis.
- Participates in Baker Library and Harvard Library committees, working groups, events, etc.
Our expectations are that employees of HBS adhere to and represent our Community Values. They are:
- Respect for the rights, differences, and dignity of others
- Honesty and integrity in dealing with all members of the community
- Accountability for personal behavior
Cover Letter is Required.
Follow us on Twitter @HBSJobs
Explore HBS Work Culture at http://www.hbs.edu/employment/ and learn about other Employment Opportunities.
Harvard Business School will not offer visa sponsorship for this opportunity.
Salary Grade: 057
Union: 00 - Non Union, Exempt or Temporary