The University of Missouri-St. Louis, a member of the Great Lakes Valley Conference, is accepting applications for the position of Head Men’s and Women’s Swimming/Diving Coach. This is a 12-month full time benefited position.
General Summary: In accordance with the mission of the Department of Athletics, administer the progress and success of the intercollegiate men’s and women’s swimming/diving program within the guidelines of the NCAA Division II, the Great Lakes Valley Conference, and the University of Missouri – St. Louis. This will include all pre-season, in-season and post-season activities necessary to the development of regionally and nationally competitive teams.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruit highly qualified student-athletes consistent with the standards of a competitive NCAA Division II men’s and women’s swimming/diving program within the academic standards of the university,
- Coordinate the evaluation, recruitment, preparation and development of all student-athletes,
- Knowledge of and adherence to all NCAA rules, policies and procedures pertaining to a men’s and women’s swimming/diving program,
- Attend and participate in monthly NCAA rules compliance meetings,
- Monitor and encourage the scholastic progress of student-athletes in conjunction with the Athletic Academic Advising Office, so as to promote their academic success,
- Responsible for adherence to the program’s budget.
- Coordinate travel arrangements, equipment purchases, and expense reports,
- Establish and maintain quality relationships with alumni and support organizations,
- Participate in department fundraising, promotional and public relations events , campus and community outreach and service projects,
- Work with the Athletic Development Office to solicit gifts,
- Supervise assistant coaches,
- Coordinate summer camps/clinics in conjunction with University guidelines,
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required qualifications include a bachelor’s degree and experience as a successful men’s and women’s swimming/diving coach.
A Master’s degree, a minimum of five years of experience as a successful head swimming/diving coach at the college, club or high school level, demonstrated success in recruitment of scholarship athletes, knowledge of and adherence to NCAA rules and regulations, demonstrated leadership and communication skills, and a commitment to athletic excellence in an academic environment. Employment will require a criminal background check.
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
March 31, 2017
Applicants must combine all application materials (cover letter, resume, and list of three references with contact information) into one PDF or Microsoft Word document and upload as a resume attachment. Limit document name to 50 characters. Maximum size limit is 11MB. Do not include special characters (e.g., /, &, %, etc.).
For questions about how applicants apply, please call (314) 516-5805, or if you are experiencing technical problems, please email mailto:email@example.com.
UMSL is an equal access, equal opportunity, affirmative action employer that is fully committed to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links: