A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The U-M Center for Integrative Research in Critical Care (MCIRCC) is one of the world’s first comprehensive research enterprises devoted to transforming critical care medicine by accelerating science and moving it from bench to bedside. To do this, MCIRCC brings together integrative teams comprised of world-class U-M scientists, clinicians, and engineers with industry partners and funding sources to develop and deploy cutting-edge solutions that elevate the care, outcomes, and quality of life of critically ill and injured patients and their families.
MCIRCC Marketing Communications Senior Supervisor Role Description
The MCIRCC Marketing Communications Senior Supervisor is a cross-functional team player who effectively bridges the gap between leadership, creative, technology, research and other service units to develop and execute the Center’s strategic marketing plan specific to member engagement, industry engagement, donor stewardship, and marketing operations. The Marketing Communications Senior Supervisor communicates the Center’s vision and mission to the aforementioned internal and external audiences and serves as MCIRCC’s liaison with fellow marketers and communicators and other collaborating campus organizations at U-M/UMHS.
- Plans, coordinates, and executes multichannel marketing communication programs and tactics for internal membership, external donors and industry partnerships:
- Develops messaging platforms, marketing campaigns, and communication strategies.
- Leads the development of compelling content and campaign assets (emails, newsletters, website, Intranet, videos, presentations, collateral, case studies, white papers, etc.).
- Executes strategic messaging consistently, effectively and efficiently across all communication channels.
- Works with UMHS and U-M Office of Development to create and execute MCIRCC Development communications.
- Continually builds, measure and improves communications and delivery based on customer response, feedback and lessons learned.
- Plans, coordinates and leads event programming including networking mixers, advisory council meetings, symposiums, presentations, tradeshows, educational programs, and others:
- Responsible for concept, budget, promotion and post-event closeout activities.
- Works with UMHS and U-M Office of Development to create, plan and execute MCIRCC donor/development events.
- Continually builds, measures and improves event programming based on customer feedback and lessons learned.
- Develops annual marketing plan and budget to support strategic initiatives. Provides financial and operational oversight in achieving marketing and communication objectives.
- Supports the MCIRCC membership model, delivering high value communication and marketing support to the MCIRCC research community.
- Develops and manages engagement programs with emphasis on the customer experience.
- Expands and cultivates MCIRCC membership across U-M schools and colleges.
- Responsible for strategic planning and project management for large-scale project implementations from concept to launch.
- Stay abreast of market and industry trends and leverage in conjunction with relevant data sources and internal feedback mechanisms to hone programs and core messaging, align business goals, and better serve customers.
- Responsible for the management and cultivation of MCIRCC’s brand identity (logos, imagery, taglines, and other brand attributes).
- Oversees the production of all printed collateral, print advertising, digital marketing, event marketing, themed marketing programs and campaigns.
- Day-to-day management and leadership, mentoring and training of team members including, but not limited to, marketing coordinators/assistants, temporary employees, and work study students.
- Manages independent contractors, consultants, suppliers and vendors related to marketing and communication projects to extend team reach and fulfill goals and objectives.
- Develops and maintains standard operating procedures and guidelines, systems, and best practices specific to marketing operations.
- Conducts market research and competitive analyses reports; may include established and prospective customers, collaborators, industry partners, donors, and competitors.
- Independently interacts with collaborating campus organizations.
The MCIRCC Marketing Communications Senior Supervisor must have a bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or related field and/or equivalent experience with a minimum of 5 years of progressive marketing experience that emphasizes strategy development, integrated marketing communications and operational support. Potential candidates must also have a thorough understanding of Internet applications and technologies, and experience interfacing with all levels of teammates/leaders across an organization.
In additional to the above requirements, candidates should also possess the following:
- Experience must demonstrate creativity and familiarity with a variety of marketing concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Demonstrable ability to translate complex technical ideas into accessible and compelling communications to non-specialists.
- Experience with digital email marketing programs such as Constant Contact or MailChimp.
- Experience with content management systems.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills and be customer service focused.
- Excellent project management and multi-tasking skills, with the ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment while maintaining attention to detail.
- Ability to work well under the pressure of deadlines and changing priorities.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality while working with highly sensitive information and use excellent judgment on a variety of sensitive subjects.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.