The Supplier Registration Coordinator is responsible for the supplier registration process and maintenance of the Universityâ??s master supplier records as well as providing general support to Brown University departments and external suppliers. This position must successfully set up new suppliers and individual payees and maintain existing suppliers in the Universityâ??s financial system. This process includes contacting suppliers and individuals to obtain any necessary information needed in order to set them up in the system correctly. It also involves handling sensitive banking and financial information used to set up electronic payments to suppliers and individuals.
This position will also be responsible for identifying ways to streamline supplier registration operations; supporting Brown strategic initiatives (Strategic Sourcing) and training campus users in the supplier registration and reporting process. It will also function as a lead for colleagues assisting with supplier input; managing daily workload, e-Mail account review. This role is also be responsible to train campus Supplier Coordinators in new supplier set up and train other campus personnel in Workday supplier reporting.
- Associates Degree required, or equivalent combination of education and professional experience
- 1-3 years of work experience required; prior system experience preferred
- Attention to detail is critical in this position
- Ability to work independently and follow up to complete tasks within the areas of responsibility
- Ability to make decisions based on the information at hand
- Ability to work with computer programs (word, excel)
- Ability to learn all aspects of Workday supplier management to be able to set up suppliers; understand the inter-relationship of supplier set up to other Workday Procurement functions and the Universityâ??s financial processes
- Excellent communications skills.Must be comfortable communicating with all University departments are well as suppliers and individual payees.
- Time management skills. Must coordinate multiple tasks around the major objective of timely and correct supplier input
- Organization skills. Must coordinate multiple tasks around the major objective of timely and correct supplier input.
Applicants please note: All offers of employment are contingent upon a criminal background check and education verification satisfactory to Brown University.
Recruiting Start Date:2017-03-17-07:00
Job Posting Title:Supplier Registration Coordinator
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.