NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Sr. Analyst-Tax Compliance
In this role, the successful candidate reporting to the Director of Tax Reporting & Compliance, will be primarily responsible for the preparation of the various tax compliance filings for the organization, including the Forms 990 and applicable state forms, including the timely preparation of tax extensions.
- Assist the Director of Tax Reporting in managing all aspects of tax compliance for NYU Langone Health System and its related entities.
- Be primarily responsible for the preparation of the various tax compliance filings for the organization, including the Forms 990 and applicable state forms, including the timely preparation of tax extensions.
- Coordinate with the General Accounting department and other organizational departments as needed to gather all information needed to prepare the tax compliance filings.
- Determine estimated tax liabilities and prepare the applicable quarterly filings.
- Maintain the organizations post-issuance bond compliance and arbitrage calculations.
- Responsible for managing the organizations unclaimed property compliance.
To qualify you must have a Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance and a minimum of three (3) years of related experience with a not-for-profit, healthcare or professional services firm.
CPA, JD, or MBA preferred but not required.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.