| GENERAL DUTIESI.T. Senior Associates perform highly complex professional work in technology-related disciplines. While areas of specialization vary, typically I.T. Senior Associates perform a range of work in development/programming, communications, technical support, or similar functions depending on the needs of the Information Technology area to which they report. Work tasks include diagnosing, evaluating, overseeing and resolving highly complex projects. They have wide latitude for independent initiative and judgment and may serve in lead roles on complex programs or projects, and/or serve as a direct supervisor of a unit or group.I.T. Senior Associates should demonstrate mastery of one or more technology-related disciplines, decision-making ability in situations related to those disciplines, and be able to serve as a resource in these areas. They may contribute to decisions on I.T. policies and technical standards.This job is in CUNY's Classified Civil Service. The full specification is available on our web site at http://www.cuny.edu/about/administration/offices/ohrm/hros/classification/ccsjobs.htmlCONTRACT TITLEIT Senior AssociateFLSAExemptCAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATIONThe Graduate Center (GC) is the principal doctorate-granting institution of the City University of New York (CUNY). Offering more than thirty doctoral degrees from Anthropology to Urban Education, and fostering globally significant research in a wide variety of centers and institutes, the GC provides academic training in the humanities, sciences, and social sciences. The Graduate Center is also integral to the intellectual and cultural vitality of New York City. Through its extensive public programs, The Graduate Center hosts a wide range of events - lectures, conferences, book discussions, art exhibits, concerts, and dance and theater that enrich and inform.Information Technology (IT) is the division of the GC responsible for voice, video, and data systems and services. The mission of this unit is to promote, facilitate, and support the effective use of technology in the learning process, in instruction and research, and in processing and accessing institutional information.Reporting to the Assistant Director of Systems Services responsible for Web and Application Development Services, the Programmer Analyst designs, codes and tests complex web and non-web based applications. The Programmer Analyst is responsible for keeping abreast of merging programming trends and has full technical knowledge of all phases of an application development life cycle. The incumbent will also stay abreast of new programming technologies and practices, determining the best way to utilize those to the GC's benefit.Duties include but are not limited to:|
* Works with all aspects of a project life-cycle: analysis, design, development and testing;
* Researches, recommends and develops new tools, techniques and programming solutions to improve application design, efficiency and performance;
* Provides expert technical direction to the programming team by contributing to technical proposals, technical specifications and design documents;
* May be responsible for multiple phases of a project;
* Collaborates with team members to design solutions that are supported by the architecture of the existing system as both a technical resource and guide;
* Partners with Administrative Departments, Programs, Centers and Institutes to collaboratively develop and maintain custom applications;
* Participates in code reviews;
* Supports users by developing documentation and assistance tools;
* Updates job knowledge by tracking emerging technologies and participates in professional development;
* Performs other duties as assigned.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS1. High School Diploma, G.E.D., or equivalent2. An equivalent of ten years of experience post-high school that can be met by one of the following: ten years of full-time work experience in a computer or technology related position; an Associate's degree plus eight years of full-time work experience in a computer or technology-related position; or a Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution plus six years of full-time work experience in a computer or technology-related position3. Demonstrated English Language proficiency4. A Motor Vehicle Driver's license, valid in New York State, may be required for some, but not all positions.This title has three levels. In addition to the minimum qualifications above, To qualify for Levels 2 and 3, additional qualifications, such as education, experience, or certification relevant to the area of specialization are required.OTHER QUALIFICATIONSA preferred candidate should have:
* BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent.
* Five (5+) years enterprise development in C#; PHP is a plus.
* Experience working with relational database (such as MS SQL & MySQL) ranging from design principles, rules and techniques to accessing database content using SQL queries, stored procedures and views.
* Experience working with shared code repository (GIT) along with other team members.
* In-depth experience with SharePoint.
* Knowledge of all phases of an application development life cycle.
* Ability to learn programming trends and apply them to the job.
* Solid communication skills to translate complicated technical language into lay person terms.
* Ability to prioritize given tasks and meet deadlines.
* Ability to work flexible hours.COMPENSATION$92,014BENEFITSCUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.HOW TO APPLYClick on "Apply Now" below which will bring you to the registration screen. If you are a new user, you must register to apply. If you already have a user ID, please use your existing ID to apply. Make sure to upload a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three (3) professional references (name, title, and organization) by the closing date. Please upload all documents in Word or PDF format.CLOSING DATEOpen until filled with review of applications to begin on March 31, 2017JOB SEARCH CATEGORYCUNY Job Posting: Information Technology/TechnicalEQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITYCUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.*Location:
* Graduate Center*Job Title:
* IT Senior Associate, Level 2 (Provisional) / Programmer Analyst*Job ID: