| GENERAL DUTIESI.T. Associates perform moderately complex professional work in technology-related disciplines. While areas of specialization vary, typically I.T. Associates work in areas such as development/programming, communications, technical support, or similar functions depending on the needs of the Information Technology area to which they report. Work tasks include resolving complex technology problems and serving as a technical resource. They have considerable latitude for independent initiative and judgment and may have supervisory responsibilities.I.T. Associates should demonstrate mastery of one or more technology-related disciplines.This job is in CUNY's Classified Civil Service. The full specification is available on our web site athttp://www.cuny.edu/about/administration/offices/ohrm/hros/classification/ccsjobs.htmlCONTRACT TITLEIT AssociateFLSAExemptCAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATIONThe College of Staten Island (CSI) is a City University of New York (CUNY) senior College organized around two academic divisions and three schools, with over 20,000 students including CSI Continuing Studies. CSI offers a broad range of academic programs in the liberal arts and sciences, and in several professional areas. The College awards associate's, bachelor's, master's and clinical doctoral degrees, and in collaboration with The CUNY Graduate Center, numerous Ph.D. degrees. CSI's internationally recognized faculty passionately engage in scholarly and artistic activities, and together with a strong professional staff, lead students through transformational learning experiences both inside and outside of the classroom. The College is situated on a 204-acre site, has recently incorporated a residential component, and is currently engaging in capital expansion. It is a hub of intellectual and artistic activity and a community partner and source of economic impact and job creation for the greater Staten Island area.The College's faculty, administration, and staff are committed to educational excellence as they instill in students an enduring love of learning and respect for pluralism and diversity. The College community recognizes its responsibility to strive for the common good, including an informed appreciation for the interdependence of all people, as well as providing students with the opportunities for successful future careers.Reporting to the Director of Parking and DolphinCard Services the Database Manager is to administer the campus access and security systems that include the Blackboard Transact System and the Public Safety Security Console. The successful candidate will provide leadership, managerial and training oversight in the CSI Auxiliary Services Corporation's Office of Parking & Dolphin Card Services and technical support in the Office of Public Safety.|
* Manages BlackBoard Transaction system administration, including an application and database server. This includes system maintenance, upgrade and backup of two servers.
* Troubleshoots and maintains all Campus BlackBoard equipment, including Parking and Dining Services Point of Sale Devices, Campus ID camera and printer equipment, MF4100 card readers located throughout campus (Sports & Recreation, Campus Shuttle Buses and CAAS).
* Manages and maintains Conference Center Server, which includes Event Management Software.
* Creates procedures that translate data from databases into a format that Excel can use for end user reporting.
* Assists in the development of systems based on current and future needs.
* Prepares and uploads resident data files annually for Dolphin Cove.
* Provides assistance with managing the Meal Plan Program, including preparation and upload of files.
* Provides data for reporting and programing from campus transportation shuttle system readers.
* Works to expand the usage of the DolphinCard throughout campus. Meets with various campus offices to assess how Blackboard can meet their tracking needs.
* Provides Public Safety with technical support on investigating actionable events as requested.
* Designs and implements a Linux server to securely send commands directly to all or some axis field video cameras using VAPIX.
* In collaboration with Public Safety, assists with the design, maintenance and training as it relates to the security systems.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS1. High School Diploma, G.E.D., or equivalent2. An equivalent of seven years of experience post-high school that can be met by one of the following: seven years of full-time work experience in a computer or technology related position; an Associate's degree plus five years of full-time work experience in a computer or technology-related position; a Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution plus three years of full-time work experience in a computer or technology-related position3. Demonstrated English Language proficiency4. A Motor Vehicle Driver's license, valid in New York State, may be required for some, but not all positions.This job has three levels. To qualify for Levels 2 and 3, additional qualifications, such as education, experience, or certification relevant to the area of specialization are required.OTHER QUALIFICATIONSPreferred Qualifications include:
* BS in Computer Science or other related field.
* Familiarity with supporting users of Blackboard and in the technical back end role; user aspects, problems, implementation; adept at troubleshooting user problems.
* Experience with Blackboard system administration and C-Cure Security System.
* Experience with and the ability to troubleshoot iSTAR panels.
* Database Management Systems (MS SQL, Oracle and MySQL) experience. Experience scripting in SQL and SQL database.
* Proficient in cable runs.
* Experience in Windows Server.
* Knowledge of GIS and GEO referencing.
* Ability to organize and prioritize workload in order to meet necessary deadlines.
* Ability to make independent judgments/decisions within established guidelines and a demonstrable teamwork attitude.COMPENSATIONNew Hire: $65,143Incumbent: $73,609BENEFITSCUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.HOW TO APPLYTo apply, please go to www.cuny.edu; select "Employment", "Search Job Listings," "More Options to Search for CUNY Jobs," then enter the Job ID# in the "Job Opening ID" field. Candidates must attach a resume, cover letter, and three professional references (name, title, organization, and contact information) as one file.CLOSING DATEApril 16, 2017JOB SEARCH CATEGORYCUNY Job Posting: Information Technology/TechnicalEQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITYCUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.*Location:
* College of Staten Island*Job Title:
* IT Associate, Level 2 - Database Manager of Parking & DolphinCard Services (Provisional)*Job ID:
* 16498*Full/Part Time: