| FACULTY VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENTThe Business Department at Queensborough Community College invites applications for the position of Instructor or Assistant Professor in Accounting. The candidate will perform teaching, research and guidance duties in area(s) of expertise as noted below and will share responsibility for committee and department assignments, performing administrative, supervisory, and other functions as may be assigned.One of the College's greatest strengths, and a necessary element of excellence, is the diversity of our community. We are committed to equal opportunity and affirmative action, and strive to attract and nurture a talented and diverse faculty and staff that proudly reflect the unique character of the local Queens community, the most diverse county in the United States.As a community college in the CUNY system, our diverse student population primarily takes general education and lower division courses often for university transfer. Contractual teaching load is 27 contact hours for the academic year (typically 3 - 4 course sections per semester); summer optional. Faculty on Assistant Professor tenure track receive reassigned time to pursue scholarship.Responsibilities include teaching undergraduate courses and conducting scholarly research that generates professional conference presentations and publications in peer review journals. The candidate is expected to participate in and contribute to departmental and College activities including committees, course and program assessment, curriculum development, pedagogical initiatives and preparation of grants. The candidate will also provide academic advisement and contribute to student activities sponsored by the department. For faculty in Instructor title, documented progress towards completion of a Doctorate or CPA license is required for continued appointment. For faculty in Assistant Professor rank, continued scholarly activities are required for tenure and promotion. Evening or weekend teaching may be required. Position to start in Fall 2017.The Business Department offers several programs including an AAS in Accounting, an AS in Accounting for Forensic Accounting Dual/Joint with John Jay, and an AS in Business Administration. All programs offered by the Business Department are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). The Business Department lecture rooms have podiums which include a computer and document camera which can be used in lecture presentations to display information on a large screen. Furthermore, the Department maintains modern computer laboratory rooms which contain state-of- the-art, well maintained equipment.For more information about the Business Department, please visithttp://www.qcc.cuny.edu/businessQUALIFICATIONSFor Assistant Professor:Ph.D. degree, or equivalent, from a regionally accredited college/university in Accounting or Taxation;or a Master's Degree in Accounting or Taxation (or M.B.A.) from a regionally accredited college/university and a C.P.A. license.For Instructor:Master's degree in Accounting or Taxation from an accredited college/university, and/or active progress toward a Doctorate.Candidates with a Master's degree must also have significant progress towards the C.P.A. license (documentation required).PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:|
* M.B.A. preferred.
* Professional business accounting experience.
* Previous undergraduate teaching experience in a broad range of accounting courses including: principles of accounting, intermediate accounting, cost accounting, taxation, computerized accounting and spreadsheets.
* A record of recent publications and/or scholarly research or achievement, and leadership in the field.
* Experience in teaching a diverse student population.
* Experience in teaching web-enhanced or partly-online courses a plus.
* Experience in academic advisement, curriculum development, assessment, service on committees, grants.
* Ability to cooperate with others for the good of the institution.COMPENSATIONCommensurate with qualifications and experience.CUNY offers faculty a competitive compensation and benefits package covering health insurance, pension and retirement benefits, paid parental leave, and savings programs. We also provide mentoring and support for research, scholarship, and publication as part of our commitment to ongoing faculty professional development.HOW TO APPLYFrom our job posting system, select "Apply Now", create or log in to a user account, and provide the requested information. If you are viewing this posting from outside our system, access the employment page on our web site and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title.Candidates must provide a CV/resume and a one page cover letter.CLOSING DATEMay 6, 2017. Review of resumes to begin March 31, 2017.JOB SEARCH CATEGORYCUNY Job Posting: FacultyEQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITYCUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.*Location:
* Queensborough CC*Job Title:
* Instructor or Assistant Professor - Accounting (Multiple Positions)*Job ID:
* 16515*Full/Part Time: