AltSchool’s mission is to enable all children to reach their potential. We are a public benefit corporation and a Certified B Corporation, bringing together a unique partnership of educators, engineers, and researchers to create a proprietary learning platform guided by the most comprehensive body of current educational research. AltSchool’s platform is designed to empower schools everywhere to offer personalized, whole-child learning for each student, and to enable teachers to truly understand each child—both deep and wide—so they can develop and learner-centric environment that helps each child thrive.
Headquartered in San Francisco, AltSchool currently operates a network of schools in California and New York, which serve as learning labs for ongoing research and development. Starting fall 2017, that network of schools will expand to include the first cohort of pilot partner schools using the AltSchool platform of products and services. We are backed by many key investors including Founders Fund, Andreessen Horowitz, and Mark Zuckerberg & Priscilla Chan’s donor-advised fund at the Silicon Valley Community Foundation, who are committed to help achieve the goal of making the best education the most accessible.
The person in the Personalization Lead role works collaboratively with the network’s Education Support team and a specific school’s Head of School and classroom educators to ensure success for all students. They are part of the school leadership team that commits to a high quality experience for all stakeholders (teachers, families and students). This person reports to the Head of Student Support (Education Support team).
- Give pedagogical recommendations and support for individual students to deepen personalized learning experience that aren’t on the student support caseload
- Support educators to differentiate learning so that all students are accessing their learning potential
- Support educators on level 1 and 2 interventions and supports for whole class, small group or individual student interventions (behavioral and academic)
- Attend (and possibly facilitate) family meetings
- Own all needs capturing, case management and progress monitoring for students on the student support caseload at that site
- Conduct classroom observations and engage in the feedback cycle with educator teams to support student progress (monitoring progress or needs capture)
- Manage the student support service delivery product needs (attendance, billing, time tracking, invoicing, etc)
- Collaborate directly with classroom educators to design and implement student interventions
- Manage the student support referral process at the school
- Provide individual or small group service delivery, as determined by student goals
- Collaborate with other personalization coaches in the network to develop tools and resources for students and educators
- Respond to student behaviors and crisis situations
- Any other responsibilities that fall in line with the role of Personalization Lead at AltSchool as it evolves