DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Execute all responsibilities as a Head Coach in a manner that reflects an ongoing commitment to the excellence, integrity, and success of the program, Department of Athletics, and Albany State University.
- Prepares and organizes daily practice sessions, game preparation for competition, and off-season training.
- Recommends and prepares schedules for non-conference home/away games to the Director of Athletics.
- Organizes and administers the recruiting of prospective student-athletes in accordance with the NCAA, SIAC, University System of Georgia, and Albany State University policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the hiring, supervising, and evaluating of assistant coaches and staff members.
- Responsible for the management of the program’s budget and ensuring it balances each fiscal year.
- Responsible for the coordination and execution of team and recruitment travel in conjunction with the administration adhering to compliance of all internal and external rules and regulations.
- Responsible for the coordination and execution of ordering and inventory for program equipment and supplies in conjunction with the administration while adhering to compliance of all internal and external rules and regulations.
- Recommends personnel, financial, and facilities requirements for the program to the Director of Athletics.
- Engages in regular consultation with athletic training and other department sports medicine personnel to maximize the safety and wellness of student-athletes.
- Demonstrates concern for the overall welfare of the student-athletes at all times.
- Recommends scholarship awards for student-athletes to the Director of Athletics.
- Responsible for working in conjunction with athletics administration for tracking the admissions and eligibility process involving student-athletes.
- Responsible for working collaboratively with Compliance Officer.
- Responsible for monitoring and supporting student-athletes academic progress in consultation and coordination with department and institution academic support staff.
- Responsible for complying with the rules and regulations of the NCAA, SIAC, University System of Georgia, and Albany State University.
- Responsible for assisting and supporting the Department of Athletics in administration and operations as deemed necessary by the Director of Athletics.
- Prepares and participates in camps and clinics as necessary.
- Actively participates and assists in promotional, marketing, public relations, and fundraising activities for the program and the department.
- Promote a culture of outstanding sportsmanship.
- Attend and/or participate in all required conference association meetings, events, and championships.
- Active participation in respective sport association.
- Reports any known violations or concerns to administrators.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum five years of successful college football coaching experience preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to manage an NCAA intercollegiate football program is required.
Albany State University invites letters of nomination, applications, or expressions of interest to be submitted to the search firm assistant the University. Confidential review of materials will begin immediately and continue until the appointment is made. For full consideration, application materials should be submitted at Parker Executive Search’s website. For additional information please contact:
Daniel Parker, Vice President and Managing Director
Jaleesa Rhoden, Associate
Grant Higgison, Associate
Hayden Garrett, Associate
Albany State University is an equal employment, equal access, equal educational opportunity and affirmative action institution which adheres to all federal and state civil rights laws banning discrimination in public institutions of higher education.