Overview of School:
Prospect Sierra School, a prominent East Bay independent school, is seeking a full-time Fifth Grade Assistant Teacher at the Middle School campus for the 2017-18 school year.
Prospect Sierra is an independent, co ed K–8 school located on two campuses in El Cerrito, California. Our mission “inspires students to seek deep, meaningful understanding; to develop strong academic skills; and to become creative and independent thinkers.” The National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS) featured Prospect Sierra as a Model School of the Future, among only seven schools worldwide, in its publication, “A Guide to Becoming a School of the Future.” Please visit our website, www.prospectsierra.org, for more information about the school.
Overview of Position:
The ideal candidate for the job is a person who loves teaching upper elementary and middle school students. We value team-minded teachers committed to active participation in various aspects of school life. The successful candidate will report to the Middle School Division Head and assist the fifth grade homeroom, humanities, math, and science classes.
- Assist the fifth grade humanities and math/science teachers in preparing and delivering lessons, observing students across different classes, grading assignments, and managing logistics.
- Collaborate with the fifth grade team to ensure cohesive delivery of the curriculum.
- Create meaningful relationships with students and foster an inclusive classroom community.
- Review curricular content with students in small groups and one-on-one settings.
- Co-manage Study Hall and offer support to students who need additional review and/or extension activities.
- Instruct classes, especially, but not exclusively, in the event of lead teacher absence.
- Design and teach a mixed-grade elective that meets once per week.
Prospect Sierra is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity and inclusion. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is reflected in our hiring process; people of color and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
The salary is competitive. Benefits included.
How to Apply:
Send a résumé (including written recommendations and/or contact information for three references) and one-page cover letter to:
Heather Rogers, Middle School Head
ATTN: Fifth Grade Assistant Teacher
Prospect Sierra School
960 Avis Drive
El Cerrito, CA 94530
Email: email@example.com (Please put “Fifth Grade Asst. Teacher” in the subject line).