| Reporting to the Deputy Director of Operations, the Facilities and Operations Space Coordinator works under minimal supervision, performing a wide range of complex and confidential campus planning functions with an emphasis on maintaining the school's space information system. The position provides a comprehensive understanding of the school's historical, current, and future physical plant based on use, conditions, assignments, development and acquisitions, and capital/operating projects. The position will engage in a variety of projects related to academic campus planning, programming, site studies, feasibility studies and minor space designs.|
- Completes complex planning studies and programming for short, mid, and long-term planning for site, facilities, and capital/operating projects.
- Collects and applies data for planning related to campus resources based on student, faculty and staff projections and programming needs such as relocations to align academic focus areas.
- Maintains the school's space information system.
- Works closely with administrative directors and/or their designees, maintains accurate space configuration and assignment data, and projected space needs to inform the capital and operating planning processes.
- Conducts research and prepares quarterly/annual statistical reports on space use, studies and analyses for lease recoveries, space utilization of research labs, academic and administrative offices, meeting spaces, educational classrooms, and residential housing.
- Works on the development, updates, and compliance with campus and space planning standards, guidelines, and policies for (or similar to) space design, allocation, furnishing and finishes, and campus signage.
- Working with academic, research, and administrative departments, conducts programming and space needs analysis, feasibility analysis, development of alternatives and planning for projects.
- Coordinates moves related to capital and operating projects.
- Proactively implements policies and procedures to address administrative needs and actively engages in improved operations and customer service.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Coordinator will work in a team-based environment with co-workers, clients, and user groups, as well as consultants. In addition, the incumbent regularly communicates effectively and efficiently with a wide range of internal and external contacts and provides administrative support and services as needed.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a full-time, 37.5 hour/week position.
Harvard offers an outstanding benefits package including:
Time Off: 3- 4 weeks paid vacation, paid holiday break, 12 paid sick days, 11.5 paid holidays, and 3 paid personal days per year.
Medical/Dental/Vision: We offer a variety of excellent medical plans, dental & vision plans, all coverage begins as of your start date.
Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with full vesting after 3 years of service.
Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive tuition assistance program, $40 per class at the Harvard Extension School and discounted options through participating Harvard grad schools.
Transportation: Harvard offers a 50% discounted MBTA pass as well as additional options to assist employees in their daily commute.
Wellness options: Harvard offers programs and classes at little or no cost, including stress management, massages, nutrition, meditation and complimentary health services.
Harvard access to athletic facilities, libraries, campus events and many discounts throughout metro Boston.
Join Harvard Chan School to support our mission of health research & education and be a part of the oldest institution of higher learning in the country!
Salary Grade: 055
Union: 55 - Hvd Union Cler & Tech Workers