| The Department of Biostatistics is a very busy and diverse Department focused on research and teaching. Our 60+ faculty are leaders in the development of statistical methods for clinical trials and observational studies, studies on the environment, computational biology, and genomics/genetics. We offer degree programs in biostatistics, computational biology, and data science. Currently, more than 150 students are enrolled in these programs.|
Reporting to the Associate Director for Finance (ADF), the Senior Grants Manager/Finance Manager will:
- Manage the Department's non-sponsored funds, including budgeting and monitoring unrestricted/designated funds, gifts, endowments, and School support funds to the Department, including teaching payments and faculty support
- Work closely with the AFD to produce strategic advice and financial analyses, projections, management and ad hoc reports
- Implement funding for 70-75 fully-funded doctoral students, drawing upon a wide variety of sources of support, including training and research grants, gifts, endowments, and School funds
- Develop ad hoc management reports for Department and School pertaining to doctoral program finances
- Serve as Business Manager for the growing Harvard Bioinformatics Core (HBC), which runs a consulting service center for a wide variety of clients (at SPH, HU, HU-affiliated hospitals, and industry), and provides teaching and research services to HMS and the Harvard Stem Cell Institute
- Work closely with the Director of the HBC to provide financial and strategic advice
- Interface with current clients and with potential new clients
- Prepare financial proposals for new clients/prospects
- Review and approve transactions as needed, ensuring compliance and accuracy -- including invoices, journals, and personnel actions
- Manage a portfolio of sponsored research (post-award) and educational programs, including research/training projects associated with the HBC and with the King Abdul Aziz University MPH program
- Undertake other projects as needed
The successful candidate will be a proactive and highly-organized individual with excellent communication skills, works well both independently and as a team player, adapts well in a changing environment, and has working knowledge of sponsored research policies and federal compliance issues.
Harvard offers an outstanding benefits package including:
Time Off: 3- 4 weeks paid vacation, paid holiday break, 12 paid sick days, 11.5 paid holidays, and 3 paid personal days per year.
Medical/Dental/Vision: We offer a variety of excellent medical plans, dental & vision plans, all coverage begins as of your start date.
Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with full vesting after 3 years of service.
Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive tuition assistance program, $40 per class at the Harvard Extension School and discounted options through participating Harvard grad schools.
Transportation: Harvard offers a 50% discounted MBTA pass as well as additional options to assist employees in their daily commute.
Wellness options: Harvard offers programs and classes at little or no cost, including stress management, massages, nutrition, meditation and complimentary health services.
Harvard access to athletic facilities, libraries, campus events and many discounts throughout metro Boston.
Join Harvard Chan School to support our mission of health research & education and be a part of the oldest institution of higher learning in the country!
Salary Grade: 056
Union: 55 - Hvd Union Cler & Tech Workers