Posting Summary: The Office of Sponsored Programs is recruiting for an Associate Director of Post Award to provide leadership and guidance to the Post Award Financial Team. The Associate Director works with the Director of Post Award to report, monitor and recommend training for the Post Award Financial Team.
This position is responsible for overseeing the Post Award Financial Management Team and their functions related to financial management of sponsored awards including contracts, grants, fellowships, cooperative agreements and subcontracts. This position is responsible for ensuring that sponsored research programs are in compliance with University, sponsor and federal regulations and offer guidance to faculty, departmental administrators and OSP Post Award group. The Associate Director assists the Director to design, implement and retain a service delivery model to provide excellent support the research community at the University.
The Associate Director works closely with the Director and Assistant Directors of Post Award and other senior management in Office of Sponsored Program in identifying organizational risks and recommend solutions to achieve organizational success. The Associate Director provides accurate and timely information to the Director, Assistant Vice President of Research Administration and other senior leaders. The incumbent partners with colleagues across Grounds in research administration to both minimize administrative burden and ensure adherence to compliance in the financial management of sponsored projects.
The Associate Director evaluates processes and systems used by the OSP Post Award group, ensures the team has appropriate technological support and reporting tools to enable quality reporting on efficiency and compliance related aspects of Post Award Financial Management. The Associate Director of Post Award recommends system upgrades or strategic realignment of the workforce to increase efficiency. Advises departments on financial management of sponsored programs and ensures sponsor and University policies and procedures are followed consistently with a focus on compliance to minimize the University's risk related to sponsored awards.
All interested applicant are encouraged to apply to posting #0620559, at https://jobs.virginia.edu.
The University of Virginia is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Required Minimum Level of Education: *Degree or Equivalent Experience Required
Required Specific Degree/Training: Bachelor's degree
Combined experience/education may substitute for minimum education.
Preferred Minimum Level of Education: *Degree Preferred
Required Minimum Level of Experience: Considerable - 4 to 7 years
Required Specific Experience: Minimum 2 years of experience in a leadership role, 4-6 years of relevant experience in a university, not for profit research organization or federal agency
Preferred License or Certification: CRA or other certifications in accounting or research administration is preferred
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: - Strong understanding of national standards and best practices related to research administration.
- Strong managerial and leadership capabilities to manage, train and mentor.
- Ability to adapt and remain flexible in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Strong accounting skills and knowledge of GAAP, and University, state, and federal policies.
- Ability to understand, interpret, and communicate policies and procedures, conduct activities and make decisions according to audit and ethical standards.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Proven ability to clearly articulate specific information in area of subject matter expertise.
- Excellent analytical skills; demonstrated proficiency in Excel and web-based tools.
- Advanced ability to navigate University databases and systems. Ability to access and present information to University employees, faculty, and senior leaders.
- Ability to work independently or as a part of a team. Work with senior leaders to accomplish goals. Ability to lead, train, and functionally supervise.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills. Ability to identify opportunities for process improvements and provides compelling reasons to senior leadership in support of ideas.
Required Computer Applications: Microsoft Office; other systems necessary to perform work duties.
Founded by Thomas Jefferson, the University of Virginia opened in 1825 as the nation's first public university. A longstanding dedication to preeminence in both scholarship and teaching; top ranking in global satisfaction, collegiality and work/family issues on the COACHE survey of early career faculty; a commitment to excellence that is integrally connected with diversity and a broad array of ben...efits make the University of Virginia a prime choice for both faculty and staff. The University of Virginia is located in the small cosmopolitan city of Charlottesville near the Blue Ridge Mountains, 70 miles from Richmond and 110 miles from Washington, D.C. The University of Virginia remains the No. 2 best public university in the 2013 edition of the U.S. News and World Report rankings. In the 14 years since U.S. News began ranking public universities as a separate category, U.Va. has ranked either No. 1 or No. 2. U.Va. continues to rank in the Top 25 among the best of all national universities, public and private.