The Department of History within the Division of Arts and Humanities at UC San Diego is committed to academic excellence and diversity within the faculty, staff, and student body.
We are seeking applicants for temporary lecturer position(s) in the fields of Africa, Ancient Mediterranean, East Asia, Europe, Jewish Studies, Latin America, Middle East, United States and History of Science. Appointment(s) may be part-time, full-time, quarterly or annual, with the possibility of renewal contingent on performance and funding availability. Position(s) available during the 2017/2018 academic year.
Candidates required to possess a Ph.D. but ABDs are considered. Applicants will be considered depending on specific geographical and chronological fields of emphasis needed. Qualified candidates will demonstrate excellence in teaching and scholarship.
Preferred requirements also include strong demonstrated accomplishments or potential in areas contributing to equity, diversity, and inclusion, and a desire to play a role in advancing UC San Diego's commitment to achieving excellence and diversity.
Proof of authorization to work in the U.S. will be required prior to employment (Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986).
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience and based on published UC pay scales.
Applications will be accepted electronically at https://apol-recruit.ucsd.edu/apply/JPF01372
. Submit cover letter summarizing teaching experience, C.V., and a short separate statement describing past experience in activities that promote diversity and inclusion and/or plans to make future contributions. (For further information about contributions to diversity statements, see http://facultyequity.ucsd.edu/Faculty-Applicant-C2D-Info.asp
. Additional optional documents may include sample syllabi and teaching evaluations.
AA-EOE: The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to excellence through diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
San Diego, CA
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- Cover Letter - Please summarize teaching experience
- Contributions to Diversity Description - Please describe any teaching strategies you currently use or plan to use to foster a diverse and inclusive learning experience, and to enable all students to excel and fully participate in the learning process.
- Syllabi - Syllabus of a previously taught course (Optional)
- Teaching evaluations - Summaries within the last three years (Optional)
- Misc/Additional (Optional)
- Misc / Additional (Optional)
0-3 letters of reference required
How to apply
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information