Central Washington University
Central Washington University is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity/Title IX employer committed to providing employment opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or protected veteran status.
Full/Part Time Full-Time
| || |
| || Job Summary |
| || |
The EOC Program Coordinator will report directly to the EOC Director and provide planning and supervision of CWU EOC functions. The EOC Program Coordinator administers and supervises the many facets and activities of the EOC project, including staff communication, coordinating efforts among staff, and office management. Coordinates outreach with state agencies with support from service providers at colleges and universities throughout Central Washington. This position also trains staff, develops informational publications, assists in recruitment efforts and assists program participants as needed.
| || Job Duties |
| || |
- Coordinate, schedule, carryout, and monitor program activities to determine consistency with EOC program goals.
- Administers and supervises the all facets and activities of the EOC project, including staff communication, coordinating efforts among staff, and office management
- Coordinates CWU EOC outreach with state agencies with support from service providers at colleges and universities throughout Central Washington.
- Trains staff
- Develops program informational publications
- Assists in recruitment effort and assists program participants as needed.
- Attend meetings and/or conferences as EOC program representative.
- Regularly meet with representatives of off-campus organizations and agencies regarding the interpretation and implementation of EOC program and institutional policies.
- Coordinate scheduling and prioritization of the needs of program participants.
- Complete verification determination of program participants according to EOC grant guidelines, and admit eligible participants into the program based on availability and need.
- Provide information to students, staff, program participants and/or the public regarding program services, policies, and activities, and recommend alternative courses of action.
- The Program Coordinator will assist the EOC Director in the following:
- The implementation of the EOC evaluation plan
- Summarizing and analyzing all data from evaluation instruments
- Preparing formative and summative evaluation reports and the annual program report to the PI
- Coordinate EOC Advisory Committee meetings
- Implementation of a monitoring system to ensure completion of Competitive Preference Priority 1 and Competitive Preference Priority 2 and determine effectiveness of the interventions.
- Conduct admission and financial aid workshops at agencies and community partners within target communities to assist individuals with completing admissions and financial aid applications.
- Other duties as assigned
| || Minimum Qualifications |
| || |
- Bachelor's degree
- Excellent communication and networking skills
- Sensitivity to cultural and economic diversity
- Knowledge of computer programs, (database management, word processing, desktop publishing)
- Demonstrated experience working with individuals representing the low income, culturally and economically diverse target population
- Master's degree
- Familiarity with state agencies and non-profits of the Central Washington area.
- Experience with federally-funded education programs
- Experience working with admissions and financial aid
- Bilingual: Spanish/English
- Accountability/Dependability: Accepts responsibility for quality of own work; acknowledges and corrects mistakes. Shows up on time, meets standards, deadlines and work schedules.
- Judgement: Makes timely, informed decisions. Analyzes options and determines appropriate course of action.
- Teamwork: Promotes cooperation and mutual support to achieve goals. Encourages participation and mutual support.
- Adaptability/Flexibility: Responds positively to changing business needs and responsibilities. Adapts approach and methods to achieve results; recovers quickly from setbacks and finds alternatives.
- Commitment to Diversity: Recognizes the value of diversity and helps create environment that supports and embraces diversity.
| || Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule |
| || |
$2602/month with periodic increases up to $3369/month
| Monday - Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm (1 hour lunch) |
| Work is performed in an indoor office setting with frequent in-person interactions. It is essential to be able to remain at a desk/computer work station for prolonged periods of time, perform extensive data entry and other computer-related tasks and create/maintain filing systems for departmental records. Some evening or weekend work and/or occasional travel may be required. |
CWU offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental insurance, retirement and optional savings plans, life and disability insurance, along with vacation and sick leave plans depending on employment classification. For additional information please visit: http://www.cwu.edu/hr/benefits-0
| || How To Apply |
| || |
To apply for this position, you must complete the on-line application and attach:
- A detailed cover letter clearly demonstrating how your education and experience: (a) meet the required (and, as applicable, preferred) qualifications, and (b) demonstrate the ability to perform the responsibilities as described by the posting;
- Resume including work history, education, training; and
- Contact information for three professional references.
Screening Begins: March 31, 2017
**Priority will be given to applications received by the screening date. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
| || Contact Information |
| || |
Name: Mateo Arteaga
Title: EOC Director
Phone: (509) 963-6895
Website: Educational Opportunities Center
Please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 509-963-1202 if you require technical assistance with the on-line application process.
| || Conditions of Employment |
| || |
Prior to employment, final candidate(s) will be required to submit to a background check. All information obtained through background investigations will be strictly confidential and revealed only to those required to have access.