Requisition ID: req1425
Job Title: System Administrator- IT Support Center
Department: IT Support Center
Location: Delaware Campus
Employment Type: Staff
Employment Status: Board Approved
Bargaining Unit: Non-Bargaining Unit
FLSA Status: Exempt
Compensation Type: Annual
Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty listed below. Reasonable accommodations will be made for disabled persons, covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, in accordance with its requirements.
Duties are numbered for convenience, and do not indicate order in terms of importance, frequency that the duty is performed, or the amount of time spent on the duty.
1) Ongoing implementation and support of the following: traditional desktop image creation and propagation, desktop group policy and custom configurations, software licensing and configuration, image verification and regression testing, lab printer configuration and management, participation in lifecycle and project-related planning, desktop hardware and software troubleshooting, migration to virtual and/or streamed desktop solutions.
2) Provides daily project technical support and planning for campus computer labs.
3) Assures minimum service interruptions by analyzing performance, scalability and available resources.
4) Works with Desktop Management engineering team to integrate new features and technologies.
5) Communicates system change control, disruptive or otherwise, through formal college change management process.
6) Works with various campus departments in assigned areas to verify academic needs are being met.
7) Provides Tier II support for assigned labs and assists with in-depth troubleshooting for operational teams.
8) Works assigned schedule, exhibits regular and predictable attendance and works overtime as required to meet workload demands.
9) Performs other related duties as required.
Usual Physical Demands: The incumbent of this position typically exhibits the physical demands identified in the Functional Job Analysis on file in the College's Human Resources Department and which is periodically reviewed and updated. Physical demands listed in the Functional Job Analysis are not job qualification standards, but are used to help the College assess and determine reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified individuals covered by the American's with Disabilities Act.
While performing duties of this job, the employee regularly exhibits digital dexterity when entering data into computer. The employee regularly sits for extended periods of time, and occasionally stands and walks. The employee occasionally uses hands to hold and operate tools and reaches with hands or arms and stoops, kneels, crouches or crawls. Employee converses verbally with others in person. Vision demands include close, relatively detailed vision when focusing on a computer screen. Employee occasionally lifts or exerts force of varying weights up to 50 pounds.
Working Conditions: Normal working conditions. Employee is occasionally exposed to minor cuts, burns or other incapacitating injury. Occasional risk of electrical shock.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of: Industry standard desktop operating systems, software applications. Working knowledge of networking configuration and technologies, and basic client/server configurations. Understands basic project management and works well with defined and sometimes constrained time lines. Skill in: verbal and written communications; operating job equipment; planning, scheduling and organizing work; general typing; application of job software programs; application of technical skills in area of specialization. Ability to: work independently demonstrating initiative; develop and maintain effective working relationships with associates, supervisors, job contacts, consultants and the general public; analyze networking problems, troubleshoot and draw technical conclusions; perform light manual labor for extended periods of time; maintain confidential and sensitive information; maintain accurate and complete work records; coordinate multiple activities and tasks; exhibit flexibility in work schedule and job tasks; apply technical and analytical applications.
Minimum of 2 years experience in IT or Basic Certification. State Motor Vehicle Operator's License or demonstrable ability to gain access to work site(s).
Preferred Qualifications: Associate's degree in Computer Science or closely related field, previous implementation and support of enterprise desktops and familiarity with audio/video,"smart classroom" technologies, Apple OS X desktop management and imaging. MCSE certification.
Additional Information: May be required to serve on On-Call/On-Duty rotations for after hours support, 24/7 availability.