The Psychotherapist provides culturally-competent counseling, diagnostic assessment, crisis intervention, and referral services for medical students. He/she/they also participates in psycho-educational activities that address medical studentsâ?? developmental needs, and consults with faculty and staff regarding medical studentsâ?? needs and concerns. This is a 12 month clinical (70%) and administrative (30%) position.
- Doctorate in Clinical or Counseling Psychology (or equivalent), plus 2 years post-internship experience; or Master of Social Work plus 3 years post degree experience
- Licensure in one of the above categories in the State of RI. (Holding one of these licenses in another state and eligibility for licensure in RI will also meet this requirement.)
- Exceptional skills in working with diverse students, and demonstrated commitment to social justice
- Ability to work with a team; excellent communication skills with peers as well as clients/patients; ability to skillfully manage issues of confidentiality while communicating with medical school administrators, and advisors
- Experience with and skills working within a short-term therapy model
- Experience in the treatment of anxiety disorder and major depressive disorders
- Available for after-hours and weekend appointments, as well as for consultation regarding management of student issues and crisis support
- Experience working with medical students or residents
- Expertise in other areas, such as eating disorder management, OCD
- Experience doing psycho-educational programming or teaching
- Familiarity with local network of mental health providers
Criminal and Educational
Recruiting Start Date:2017-03-10-08:00
Job Posting Title:Psychotherapist
Department:Counseling and Psychological Services
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.