NYU Langone Medical Center, a world-class, patient-centered, integrated, academic medical center, is one of the nation's premier centers for excellence in clinical care, biomedical research and medical education. Located in the heart of Manhattan, NYU Langone is composed of four hospitals - Tisch Hospital, its flagship acute care facility; Rusk Rehabilitation; the Hospital for Joint Diseases, one of only five hospitals in the nation dedicated to orthopaedics and rheumatology; and Hassenfeld Children's Hospital, a comprehensive pediatric hospital supporting a full array of children's health services across the medical center - plus the NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. The medical center's tri-fold mission to serve, teach and discover is achieved 365 days a year through the seamless integration of a culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education and research. For more information, go to www.NYULMC.org.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Tenant Coordinator.
Working with in-house engineering staff and landlord representatives, as appropriate, the Tenant Coordinate will facilitate repairs to lighting fixtures, furniture, and building systems for the Medical Centers off-campus portfolio of clinical, research, and administrative office space.
- Identifies unsafe conditions in work areas and takes appropriate action to ensure safety of self and others. Identifies potential safety hazards of problems in work areas. Takes appropriate measures for safety of self and others in work area. Communicates information concerning unsafe conditions to supervisor. Must be available to respond to emergency calls after hours and on weekends.
- Oversees the monitoring and maintenance of records. Ensures that records are completed and relevant paperwork is kept in the office. Ensures that records are maintained for all supplies ordered and received. Maintains price quotes, tracks dates ordered/received, and maintains a current list of vendors.
- Monitors maintenance of equipment to ensure safe, efficient operations. Ensures adequate inventory and usage of supplies. Ensures that equipment in good working order and keeps equipment clean. Oversees that equipment and supplies are properly inventoried. Informs management of equipment/supplies needed. Ensures that equipment /supplies are utilized in an efficient manner. Accepts and signs for equipment and supply deliveries after ensuring that order is complete.
- Monitors all work performed by outside contractors (e.g. painters, cleaners, and HVAC) to ensure quality and completeness. Ensures all work performed meets quality standards. Keeps supervisor informed of progress or discrepancies.
- Repairs. Directs repairs to appliances and fixtures. Responds to assignments in order by the date and time received unless otherwise instructed. Provides timely explanations when unavoidable delays are encountered. Performs repairs to appliances and fixtures. Responds promptly to phone calls and pages from supervisor as well as on-site staff. Keeps supervisor advised of activities and problems or potential problems. Must be available to respond to calls and coordinate repairs after hours and on weekends.
- Monitors heat and hot water systems in off-campus properties. Ensures heating and hot water systems are functioning properly at all times. Notifies building management if there is a problem with the heat or hot water system. Confirms that repairs from outside vendors are performed in a timely manner.
- Keeps offices and common areas in clean and orderly condition. Confirms that the hallways and stairs are swept and mopped, as required. Confirms that trash and garbage containers are emptied on a regular basis.
- Carries out daily floor and systems inspections. Inspects buildings daily to ensure cleanliness and to determine need or extent of service required. Takes appropriate measures for safety of self and others in work area. Coordinates inspections with building staff as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- At least three years building maintenance experience in a residential or commercial building is required.
- General knowledge of building systems such as plumbing, electrical, carpentry, air conditioning, heat and hot water is essential.
- Commercial building maintenance experience is preferred.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Medical Center provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents. And just as our employees invest so much in us, we invest in our employees. We're pleased to have one of the most competitive compensation packages not only among New York's hospitals and healthcare institutions, but within the corporate sector as well. We begin with exceptional medical, dental, and drug coverage. We enhance this basic coverage with comprehensive wellness programs, and supplement those with retirement investment and benefits plans, and generous paid time off allowances. Add to that a very attractive tuition program, and you'll see just some of the ways that NYU Langone Medical Center demonstrates our commitment to our employees.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.