NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Student Intern.
In this role, the successful candidate The student intern will perform a wide variety of clerical and administrative duties to assist senior management of the NYU Faculty Group Practice in achieving operational and financial goals.
- Assist with projects performed in collaboration with billing vendors
- Maintain electronic databases and manual files for internal and external projects
- Assist in the design and implementation of process improvements
- Perform research on the Internet and summarize findings
- Assist with the compilation of manuals, educational materials, operations templates, and other documents using Microsoft Word
- Assist with a variety of administrative, financial, and operational projects using Excel; ability to set up spreadsheet of moderate complexity required
- Coordinates meetings, schedules rooms, and notifies parties
- Other clerical support as required
- Assist with preparation of check requests, refund requests, etc.
- Intra-campus delivery of correspondence.
- Answer phones
- Sort, prioritize, distribute mail.
- Filing, copying, faxing
The student intern must be a full time student, or, if working in the summer months (i.e. mid-May to mid-September), must be planning to return to full time status in September. During the summer months, the position must be classified as PD. Functions performed must be NBU (non bargaining unit) work.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.