NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Departmental Secretary.
In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing administrative support in Cardiac Cath EP Lab, including managing EP adult and Pediatric Cath and EP patient schedule, coordinating with hospital and professional billing staff, managing relationships with offices of referring physicians, calling patients with scheduled procedure times, greeting patients, obtaining translation services for families of patients and assisting Intake Coordinator and Administrative Director with Departmental projects.
- Performs variety of duties in support of office operations, including but not limited to, secretarial duties that are complex in nature and require considerable judgment.
- Serves as receptionist by answering phones, scheduling patients and preparing daily schedules.
- Collects and organizes all appropriate insurance and financial documentation for patients prior to cardiac cath/EP procedures, coordinates with billing staff.
- Assists in training of new staff for the department. Explains procedures clearly and precisely. Orients new employees on departmental and pertinent Medical Center policies and procedures. Trains new personnel in efficient operation of departmental systems. Suggests new or modifications to existing office systems.
- Takes and transcribes moderately complex dictation using short/longhand, transcription equipment and/or departmental systems; prepares and edits general correspondence.
- Coordinates relationships with offices of referring physicians, including assessment of completeness of pre-procedure patient documentation for cardiac cath and electrophysiology procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To qualify you must have a Bachelor's Degree preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of PaCeart, computer systems, typing/word processing, database and spreadsheets. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required. Proficiency in Cantonese, Mandarin, Russian or Bengali required.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.