About Virginia Tech:
Virginia Tech is a public land-grant university, committed to teaching and learning, research, and outreach to the Commonwealth of Virginia, the nation, and the world. Building on its motto of Ut Prosim (that I may serve), Virginia Tech is dedicated to InclusiveVT—serving in the spirit of community, diversity, and excellence. We seek candidates who adopt and practice the Principles of Community, which are fundamental to our on-going efforts to increase access and inclusion, and to create a community that nurtures learning and growth for all of its members. Virginia Tech actively seeks a broad spectrum of candidates to join our community in preparing leaders for the world.
Coordinator for Sports Medicine performs a variety of administrative functions for the Sports Medicine and Sports Performance staffs, including team physicians and trainers. Serves as medical office manager for sports medicine group, and supervises 2 part-time medical clerks.
- Banner and/or HokieMart experience.
- TimeClock Plus experience.
- Knowledge of university policies and procedures.
- Previous experience working with highly confidential and/or sensitive information.
- Previous experience handling inventory and making decisions regarding ordering supplies.
- Working with multiple budgets and allocation of expenses to those budgets.
- Previous experience working with students in a high pressure, confidential atmosphere.
- Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy with filing and entering information.
- Experience working with insurance and medical records with an understanding of medical terminology.
- Injury Zone and EPIC software experience.
- Experience handling medical inventory and ordering medical supplies.
- Previous experience working in a collegiate athletics or similar setting.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
Employee Category: Staff (Salary)
Appointment Type: Regular
Percent Employment: Full-time
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veteran status; or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees, or applicants; or any other basis protected by law.
For inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies, contact the executive director for Equity and Access at 540-231-2010 or Virginia Tech, North End Center, Suite 2300 (0318), 300 Turner St. NW, Blacksburg, VA 24061.