About Virginia Tech:
Virginia Tech is a public land-grant university, committed to teaching and learning, research, and outreach to the Commonwealth of Virginia, the nation, and the world. Building on its motto of Ut Prosim (that I may serve), Virginia Tech is dedicated to InclusiveVT—serving in the spirit of community, diversity, and excellence. We seek candidates who adopt and practice the Principles of Community, which are fundamental to our on-going efforts to increase access and inclusion, and to create a community that nurtures learning and growth for all of its members. Virginia Tech actively seeks a broad spectrum of candidates to join our community in preparing leaders for the world.
Power Electronics Technician in the Future Energy Electronics Center in the Bradley Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering has responsibilities to include the following:
- Assisting in proposal preparation and research project reporting, and maintenance of the FEEC website
- Organizing and managing laboratory inventory, bench instrumentation, and appearance of the lab
- Managing laboratory safety
- Performing simple printed circuit board (PCB) design and testing
- Assisting FEEC members in the surface mount PCB reflow process, routine paperwork, various project testing, and mechanical design
- BS in engineering or B.Eng, or equivilant tranining and/or experience
- Experience in AutoCad
- Experience with PCB soldering and reflow process
- Previous work experience in a university laboratory setting
- Website maintenance experience
Employee Category: Staff (Salary)
Appointment Type: Restricted
Percent Employment: Full-time
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veteran status; or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees, or applicants; or any other basis protected by law.
For inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies, contact the executive director for Equity and Access at 540-231-2010 or Virginia Tech, North End Center, Suite 2300 (0318), 300 Turner St. NW, Blacksburg, VA 24061.