Under general supervision, following established policies and procedures, completes scheduling process for outpatient diagnostic services.
- Collaborate with supervisor, patients, diagnostic services, surgical team scheduling members, ancillary departments, and other clinical disciplines to collect, report, and document data accurately, based on the scheduling needs of the department.
- Obtain the necessary patient and insurance information for all patients scheduled for procedures as well as periodic updating of established patient accounts regarding address, insurance and provides detail documentation in EPIC scheduling module.
- Provide directions and procedures details to the patient. Identify requirements (protocols) for specified scheduled procedures.
- Clarify orders to ensure test being scheduled is reflective on the physician order. Provide procedure protocol information to patients for test being ordered.
- Confirms patient appointments and prescreens patients for safety guidelines. Verify if procedure scheduled requires authorization approval. Ensure consent forms are completed and given to the ancillary department technicians for contracted facility inpatients.
- Schedule referrals as directed by the physician to other physicians and/or ancillary services within St. Anthony Hospital. Contact insurance carries when appropriate for pre-certifications and referrals.
- Obtain and document in EPIC of all CPT and ICD-9-CM codes, current labs and previous study reports for upcoming patient appointments.
- Filter calls for all ancillary departments and covers phones when file room staff not available. Assist with labeling, filing and updating of files in the scheduling module.
- One year clerical and/or customer service experience required, preferably in a health care related setting.
- Must have effective oral communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills and knowledge of medical terminology.
- High school diploma or GED
About SSM St. Anthony's Hospital
St. Anthony Hospital is a 601-bed regional referral facility specializing in cardiology, oncology, surgery and behavioral medicine. The hospital, established in 1898, is located in Midtown Oklahoma City and serves the needs of Central Oklahoma, as well as many counties throughout Oklahoma, through its large rural affiliate network of hospitals. Four St. Anthony Healthplex campuses provide convenient emergency and outpatient service access to the outlying communities of the metropolitan area. St. Anthony added urgent care services in May 2015 at St. Anthony North. St. Anthony has received numerous awards including the Oklahoma Quality Award for Excellence, Certified Healthy Business, Premier QUEST® Award for High-value Healthcare Citation of Merit, among others. Healthsights ranks St. Anthony at performance levels for quality and patient satisfaction higher than local competitors and many national health care organizations.