Responsible for providing skilled nursing care to residnets according to established care plan and in compliance with federal and state regulations. Works under the direction of a Registered Nurse. Provides guidance and direction to non-licensed staff.
- Demonstrates professional responsibility in the LPN/clinical assistant role. Demonstrates acountability to patients, peers, and other health team members.
- Demonstrates positive customer relations.
- Communicates effectively with patient, family, peers and other health team members.
- Verbalized expectations related to organizational mission and valules and department goals.
- Demonstrates advocacy toward patient and family.
- Demonstrates documentation: A. Performs telephone assessment related to appointment scheduling.
- Demonstrates documentation: A. Performs a patient assessment.
- Gathers baseline data relevant to the patient's individual needs, age-specific: A. 13-17 years; B. Young Adult (18-44 years); C. Adult/Middle Age (45-65 years); Later Adult/Geriatric (>65 years).
- Follows DOT Part 40 regulations when conducting urine drug screens and breath alcohol testing.
- Maintains DOT certification for urine drug screens and breath alcohol testing.
- Ability to maintain supplies in exam rooms.
- Successful completion of a NLN approved instruction program for LPN
- Current licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse in the State of Wisconsin
- AHA BLS certification, Urine Drug Screen certification, Breath Alcohol Testing certification, Spirometry Testing certification, EKG testing annual training, and Respirator Fit Testing annual training
- Must exhibit patience and tact when dealing with patients, relatives and coworkers in varying stressful situations
- Use of nursing equipment such as EKG machines, defibrillators, lifts and other transfer devices, traction equipment, blood pressure cuffs, stethoscope, thermometer, spirometer, breath alcohol tester, audiometer, respirator hood, scale, stadiometer, X-ray board, etc.
Preferred Qualifications: N/A
Our 102-bed St. Clare Meadows Care Center is a long-term care facility which offers 24-hour nursing, exercise therapy and inpatient as well as outpatient rehabilitation services. Nearby, Meadow Ridge Senior Living is a 20-bed assisted living facility also offering 24-hour care. In addition, for those seniors who benefit from comprehensive memory care, Meadow View Memory Care offers memory support living options and 24-hour care in partnership with the Alzheimer's and Dementia Alliance of Wisconsin. St. Clare Meadows Care Center is part of SSM Health and affiliated with St. Clare Hospital.