Clara Maass Medical Center created the Center of Excellence for Latino Health to serve as a hub of health and wellness information for Latino families. As a trusted medical and community resource, CELH strives to increase community partnerships, promote health literacy and increase access to care.
In this grant funded position, the Program Manager/Navigator in the Center of Excellence for Latino Health will:
* Provide and facilitate primary care and specialty, inpatient, and outpatient services, along with transitions of care and end of life care, for Spanish-speaking and Latino patients.
* The Program Manager/Navigator will work with physicians, staff, and community leaders to assist in developing broader relationships in the Hospital's service area. The Medical Director and Program Manager/Navigator will work together to effect change and improve the accessibility of healthcare in the growing Latino community.
* Provide outreach services to educate the Latino community about available services and resources at CMMC, providing needed screenings, and assisting the community with Health Insurance, Medicare and Medicaid enrollment.
* Conduct screening programs in the community to better provide early detection of the conditions that are more prevalent in the Latino community (i.e. diabetes, breast cancer, sexually transmitted diseases, TB, etc.).
* Coordinate with CMMC's WAVE program to continue to provide Medicare wellness assessment visits to seniors in the Latino community. The Program Manager/Navigator will have a hands-on role in terms of patient follow up and internal patient referrals.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field (Master's Degree preferred) with a background in Social Work
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) required. Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing in Spanish and English.
- Well-versed in social, cultural, and behavioral tendencies of Latino population
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively (verbal & written) with others, including patients and families, staff from different departments and the public community at large.
- Ability to take initiative and exercise independent judgment to support program development and success.
- Computer and data management proficiency.
- Experience conducting outreach and in-reach and developing strategies to overcome barriers to health care access and care. (Preferred)
- Excellent communication and organization skills, attention to detail
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills are required.