Centura Health connects individuals, families and neighborhoods across Colorado and western Kansas with more than 21,000 of the most talented hearts and minds in medicine.
Through Centura Health’s 17 hospitals, two senior living communities, health neighborhoods, physician clinics, Flight for Life® Colorado, home care and hospice services, we offer a diverse range of work settings in a Colorado or Kansas community you will love to call home.
Enjoy amazing people, competitive pay, some of the best benefits in the industry and plenty of opportunity for professional growth and development.
If you’re ready to discover the difference of working for a fully-integrated health system with a non-profit, faith-based mission to care, we look forward to receiving your application.
Job Description/Job Posting ID: 100014
In collaboration with other management personnel in the laboratory matrix structure, develop, manage and maintain Centura Health’s clinical laboratories’ quality control program. Provide oversight and program training to our technical and management associates. Integrate with other Laboratory Quality Department associates to providing a full complement of quality assurance and process improvement services. Develop and analyze laboratory quality and service performance metric data.
Minimum Education Requirements
Bachelor Degree with MLS/MT certification or equivalent required.
Minimum Experience Requirements
In depth knowledge of the following is required:
- Experience with quality assurance and laboratory regulations/accreditation requirements.
- Standards, regulations and guidelines of CLIA, CAP, TJC, and CLSI
- Acute care hospital organizations and the interrelationships of various clinical and diagnostic services.
- Strong background in Clinical Laboratory Quality Control processes
- Experience and comfort with training and education; both one-on-one and in groups
- Experience and skill with working in/with information systems such as an LIS (Epic), middleware (DI), and QC software.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
MLS/MT certification or equivalent (Please see Education Requirements)
- 5-years clinical laboratory experience; management or lead experience ideal.
- Analytic skills, moderate skill using Excel and comfortable with working with data (data analysis)
- Moderate skill/experience with other Microsoft products (eg, Word, PowerPoint, Access). Familiarity and/or with Access would be nice, but is not required.
- Ability to work with a team toward common goals and independently, dependent on project needs
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Experience and ability with managing projects/time management
- Team facilitation skills
- Knowledge of clinical laboratory regulatory and accreditation requirements, particularly related to quality control.
- Auditing/inspecting experience
- Communication skills at all levels (including business case development)
- Problem solving skills
- Conflict resolution skills
- Six Sigma methodology
☑ Sedentary Work - prolonged periods of sitting and exert/lift up to 10 lbs. force occasionally)
Important notification to applicants as of Nov. 20, 2014: Effective Jan. 1, 2015, Centura Health will no longer hire tobacco users in Colorado and Kansas. The change to our policy does not apply to associates hired on or before Dec. 31, 2014. Centura Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.