Your job as a Coal & Freight Logistics Specialist:
- You will be part of the team that is responsible for the Logistics activities concerning the deliveries of coal to our plants / customers in the Netherlands, Denmark, Germany and beyond
- This will include aligning with the power plants around their inventory needs and planning and execution of deliveries; instructions to agents, surveyors, stevedores and ship owners
- You will also be closely working with the time-chartered vessel fleet managed by the Freight team, possibly operating the vessels
- Other tasks include keeping track of delivered volumes, qualities and stock positions, preparing and checking of invoices, as well as updating the different (risk) management systems
- This role will work closely with the Logistics team members based in Germany and Denmark
Your profile as a Coal & Freight Logistics Specialist (m/f)
- Minimum 2 to 4 years' logistics experience, preferably coal- or freight-related
- Structured mind-set and working style, good Excel skills
- Ability to manage multiple complex processes at the same time
- Preferably experience with risk management / logistical systems like Endur or Right Angle
- Good knowledge and understanding of time- and voyage charter parties
- Experience in conducting lay-time and demurrage calculations
- International experience, competent working alone as well as in a team environment
- Fluency in English
At Vattenfall, we are convinced that striving for diversity helps building a more profitable, efficient and attractive company. Therefore, we seek a harmonious balance of employees in terms of age, religion, gender identity & expression, sexual identity, disability and ethnic background.
What we offer:
Working at Vattenfall means more than 'just' having an interesting job in a result-orientated culture. Here you will be part of a challenging, complex and international work environment. We offer our employees competitive remuneration, training opportunities and personal development.
Markets is the Business Area where all asset optimisation and trading activities are centralized for the Vattenfall Group. Our activities are multi-site located across Europe with almost 500 professionals working in Sweden, Germany, The Netherlands, Denmark, and Poland. We trade the full range of energy commodities such as electricity, gas, oil, coal, freight, renewable energies and emissions, take responsibility for a diversified sourcing of power, fuels and carbon credits and optimize the running and hedging of Vattenfall's generation assets. These efforts are the basis for maximum profitability and continuous business growth.
Within Markets the Business Unit (BU) Trading is the energy trading hub of the Vattenfall Group and provides all market access service activities to the group, including the sourcing of physical coal, oil and gas. BU Trading also maximizes the value creation in energy commodity markets by employing a specific proprietary trading mandate.
For more information about the job you are welcome to contact hiring manager Leon Arendsen via phone +31 888380019, for information about the recruitment process please contact recruiter Vanessa Koop via phone +49 40790227786.
We look forward to receiving your application online in English, including a motivation letter stating the prospective start date and salary expectation.