Under the direct supervision of the Laboratory Supervisor, this position is responsible for management and coordination of the daily activities of the laboratory or a specialized subsection of the laboratory. This includes supervision of testing personnel and testing of samples using Good Laboratory Practice and compliance with GC Labtech policies, procedures and directives pertaining to the quality, integrity, and testing of samples.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Receive and accession samples from clients. Test samples in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and verify results in Laboratory Information System (LIS)
- Perform, monitor, and evaluate quality control data; determine trends, causes or patterns of acceptability or unacceptability of results and initiate or suggest corrective action as needed.
- Assist in the validation of new laboratory tests and/or instruments.
- Perform routine maintenance on equipment as needed. Troubleshoot instruments, resolve technical problems and document, and initiate corrective action plans and follow through as needed.
- Follow, monitor, and enforce all laboratory safety guidelines.
- Assist with receipt, and management of supplies and reagent and notify appropriate personnel when new supplies are needed. Prepare, label and test reagents as required.
- Accurately and consistently complete the detailed documentation as required by the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) and other federal, state and local regulatory agencies, laws, and GC Labtech policies and procedures.
- Assist in the development and/or revision of laboratory SOPs.
- Perform/schedule/plan routine maintenance on equipment as needed to minimize impact on workflow.
- Plan, assign and supervise work of laboratory staff and adjust work assignments as required to achieve optimal utilization of resources available in a high-volume testing laboratory.
- Instruct testing personnel in established procedures, techniques and any new and/or modified procedures.
- Perform or assist management in performance appraisals of staff employees.
- Perform staff laboratory duties as needed for continuity of operations.
- Perform record review of QC/QA, test results, staff competency and other records as needed.
- Continuously support organization’s mission, vision, values, and high standards.
- Other duties as assigned to meet company goals.
Adhere to all company policies, procedures and safety rules as stated in the Employee Handbook and otherwise posted or communicated.