- Position Summary:
The Manager, Operational Support- Long Term Care, as a member of the Finance Department at Rochester Regional Health will be responsible for leadership and coordination of all financial functions related to operational support for the 6 Long Term Care facilities of Rochester Regional Health. Primary responsibilities include directing all aspects of each facilities annual budget process, reporting on monthly variance analysis, and providing oversight on the education of operations to the financial toolsets. This position will also be responsible for coordinating efforts between Operations and sub-areas of Finance, including but not limited, to Decision Support, Business Planning, & Labor Management. The Manager, Operational Support will aid the Director of Operational Support in establishing and implementing financial policies, plans, and goals in support of Rochester Regional Health's strategic direction.
- Works with assigned leaders develop the operating budgets, including coordination of budget review meetings, and is an active participant in the budget summary preparation for the Board of Directors
- On a monthly basis, coordinates meetings with assigned leaders to review financial performance against static and flexible budgets, assists in identifying causes for variance and assists with the creation of improvement plans
- Actively works to learn, understand, educate and improve their client's business, including but not limited to:
- Understanding clinical processes
- Developing efficient staffing models
- Understanding supply chain impacts, vendor preferences, and price inflation
- Ensure adherence to established departmental budgetary parameters
- Develop performance metrics and dashboards that help the Long Term Care Facilities focus on key performance drivers
- Assist with construction of financial educational program to be delivered to Operational Leaders and to be included in new leader onboarding program
- Assisting senior management in financial planning and oversight, including work with other team members to understand revenue and cost drivers while defining appropriate controls for tracking.
- Demonstrate the ability to work effectively with diverse personalities and handle multifaceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities.
- Other financial and administrative duties as assigned from time to time.
Required Licensure/Certification Skills:
- Bachelor's and/or Master's Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- 5+ years of experience in the Financial Planning & Analysis or Finance sectors
- 4+ years of experience in managing professionals in a finance field
- Advanced Degree, C.P.A. or C.M.A. is preferred
- Able to analyze, organize, summarize and articulate somewhat complex financial information.
- Conscientious about timeliness of assignments and quality of work product
- Exceptional organizational skills; using systematic methods to perform work and creativity to recommend or create new work methods or procedures.
- High level of computer and software competency; proficient with database administration and infrastructure. Proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Analytical, proactive problem solving skills; techniques to identify and resolve issues in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Ability to conduct sophisticated and creative analysis of complex data and translate the results into actionable deliverables, messages, and presentations
- An effective communicator both orally and written, with the ability to share knowledge and concepts with a wide variety of audiences at all levels of the organization and community.
- Proven written and oral communication skills along with the ability to work both independently and in a team environment are also essential.
Rochester Regional Health is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran