Basic Function & Scope of Job
Administer proctored Law School exams at the San Francisco campus during mid-term and final exam periods.
Golden Gate University School of Law maintains a pool of qualified individuals who would like to serve as exam proctors. At this time there may not be an immediate vacancy but candidates may provide their application to this posting.
Applications must be submitted through our online application system to be considered for any position, unless otherwise noted in the job announcement.
- Supervise (proctors) Law School examinations
- Check in examinees and verifies identification
- Explain the exam process
- Help the examinee begin the exam
- Monitor the examinees
- Provide assistance during examination time
- Report all exam discrepancies in a timely and efficient manner
- Understand testing procedures for each exam
- Transport exam materials, some in excess of 20 pounds, to the appropriate exam location via elevator and or stairs
Additional Functions of Experienced Proctors
- Provide limited supervision of other proctors in the unforeseen absence of the exam coordinator
- Address and alleviate exam related issues within the classroom in the absence of the exam coordinator and inform the Associate Dean of Student Services of exam related issues
- Manage the scantron system at the direction of the exam coordinator
Qualifications, Education & Experience
Ability to: Work independently, oversee small groups, organize simultaneous projects, demonstrate initiative, and exercise professional judgment under minimal supervision. Maintain school’s strict confidentiality policies. Cordially handle a variety of different student questions and concerns. Think analytically, attend to details, edit written materials, and solve complex problems. Maintain effective interpersonal relationships emphasizing efficiency and customer service. Must be punctual.
Experience: Prior experience with diverse populations in an academic environment preferred. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Golden Gate University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The university has a strong commitment to the principles of diversity and inclusion, and to maintaining working and learning environments that reinforces these practices. The university welcomes and encourages applications from women, minorities, people of color, veterans, persons with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQI community.
To be considered for employment, please submit a resume and a cover letter.
Contact: Golden Gate University
Online App.: www.ggu.edu/jobs